Does anyone have any unique ideas for an AUTHENTIC Mexican Fiesta party theme?

I'm having a family party for my 24th birthday in a couple weeks & I want to have a fiesta theme. I want it to be as authentic as possible without sending loads and loads of money. My best friend of 17 years is Mexican, so I know the difference between authentic & non-authentic. I could easily ask my friend for... show more I'm having a family party for my 24th birthday in a couple weeks & I want to have a fiesta theme. I want it to be as authentic as possible without sending loads and loads of money. My best friend of 17 years is Mexican, so I know the difference between authentic & non-authentic. I could easily ask my friend for ideas, but I want her to be surprised when she comes over. There will be about 25 people, give or take a few. Mostly adults, but there will be about 5-6 kids. I plan to make all the food from scratch (I'm a pretty good cook, so it shouldn't be a problem). Does anyone have any ideas for anything? Food? Decorations? Activities? Thanks in Advance. :)

Also, I want to make my own cupcakes. I definitely want to make a margarita cupcake, but I also want to make a more traditional Mexican flavored cupcake. Any ideas for that as well are appreciated.