Jefferson Airplane fans- is Baxter's underrated?

After Bathing at Baxter's is my favorite Airplane album. I think it's acidy awesomeness. What do you think? :)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I've always loved it. Especially Hymn To An Older Generation.

I generally agree with your assessment. It is a difficult album for newbies to get into, but I don't know any Airplane fanatics who don't like it. It is the band at its most psychedelic and most experimental, and almost crosses into Frank Zappa territory (Grace Slick would cut a couple of tracks with Frank a few months later). It has some of their most gentle folk numbers ("Martha"), one of their better jams ("Won't You Try/Saturday Afternoon") and a lot of heavy weirdness "Ballad of You Me and Pooniel". It marks a time when the idealism of Haight-Ashbury had descended into chaos, and the band's outlook had become noticeably darker since the fairly joyful "Surrealistic Pillow" from nine months' prior...

Great album; one of the best of the 60's. But a fairly demanding listen, too.

Agreed, always preferred it to 'Surrealistic Pillow'

yes their best it really does take you on a trip beautiful mystical intense super creative hypnotic wont you try rejoyce