Okay...Need your help guys is a 32 year old too old to date a 27year old?

This guys has asked me out on a date he is 27 and im 32 although I look very young for my age they say I look 22, I just thought maybe an age gap of 5 years was a bit much?? Just want your thoughts on this he is mature for his age and a real nice guy so....Is it okay to date someone 5 years younger??

Favorite Answer

Last year, after a wonderful 3 1/2 years together, my wife and I got married. We are 3 weeks away from our one year anniversary, and our relationship has only continued to flourish and get stronger, our love deeper, our understanding of each other's wants and needs greater. I turned 35 in March. My wife will be 46 in October. Having been on both ends of the spectrum, dated younger girls, girls my age, etc... I can honestly say that an older woman was definitly the way to go. She has 2 teen daughters from another marriage, that I care for and love as my own. They even started calling me "daddy" the day of our wedding.

Ok, all that to say that no, age definitly doesn't make a difference, once of course both people are old enough realize that. (meaning if you're 20 and he's 15, then no, I wouldn't recommend it.) Once you've passed a certain age and point in your life, 5 years difference is nothing, inconsequential, unless of course you make it so. Question isn't "is a 32 year old too old to date a 27 year old?". The question is more, do you WANT to date a 27 year old? Do you MIND that he's 5 years younger? The very fact that you took time to ask the question means to me you've pondered it and you may have a shred of doubt about it yourself.

At your ages, 5 years is no biggie. If he makes you happy, then go for the ride. Just make sure you're the one ok with it, not everybody else.

it all depends on both people's personality. I am 22 and have been dating a 31 year old for almost 3 years. We have a wonderful relationship, although you can tell the age different in the way we think from time to time. I believe we balance each other out. I provide the fun, spontaneous, youthfulness and he provides me with the wise, experience knowledge. it can work, if both people can be mature in necessary situations.

What's the "big", as Buffy would say (says my wife!). Apparently, before I came among, she dated 20-something guys, well into her 30's "Mostly for fun" (not sure what THAT means!).

Whatever MY thoughts on the subj., would anyone be asking this about a 32 y.o. MALE and a 27 y.o. female? NO. Not babes in the woods, any of them, eh?

• tony

it's not that much, i have been out with a couple of girls who were quite a bit younger than me, they didn't work out, but what is the harm in trying . you may find that he is a little immature when you get to know him, he only asked for a date it is not a marriage proposal, go for it see what happens at the very worst you have a bad date, or a couple then get fed up with him. but you might just really get on

• ?

Yes- - why wouldn't it be? People are SO hung up on age. That went out with high school! You're both adults, so if you like each other then go for it!

Yes..its Ok.

All the best.

hahahha yes

Yaaah (: