Okay...Need your help guys is a 32 year old too old to date a 27year old?

This guys has asked me out on a date he is 27 and im 32 although I look very young for my age they say I look 22, I just thought maybe an age gap of 5 years was a bit much?? Just want your thoughts on this he is mature for his age and a real nice guy so....Is it okay to date someone 5 years younger??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Last year, after a wonderful 3 1/2 years together, my wife and I got married. We are 3 weeks away from our one year anniversary, and our relationship has only continued to flourish and get stronger, our love deeper, our understanding of each other's wants and needs greater. I turned 35 in March. My wife will be 46 in October. Having been on both ends of the spectrum, dated younger girls, girls my age, etc... I can honestly say that an older woman was definitly the way to go. She has 2 teen daughters from another marriage, that I care for and love as my own. They even started calling me "daddy" the day of our wedding.

Ok, all that to say that no, age definitly doesn't make a difference, once of course both people are old enough realize that. (meaning if you're 20 and he's 15, then no, I wouldn't recommend it.) Once you've passed a certain age and point in your life, 5 years difference is nothing, inconsequential, unless of course you make it so. Question isn't "is a 32 year old too old to date a 27 year old?". The question is more, do you WANT to date a 27 year old? Do you MIND that he's 5 years younger? The very fact that you took time to ask the question means to me you've pondered it and you may have a shred of doubt about it yourself.

At your ages, 5 years is no biggie. If he makes you happy, then go for the ride. Just make sure you're the one ok with it, not everybody else.

• 10 years ago

it all depends on both people's personality. I am 22 and have been dating a 31 year old for almost 3 years. We have a wonderful relationship, although you can tell the age different in the way we think from time to time. I believe we balance each other out. I provide the fun, spontaneous, youthfulness and he provides me with the wise, experience knowledge. it can work, if both people can be mature in necessary situations.

• 10 years ago

What's the "big", as Buffy would say (says my wife!). Apparently, before I came among, she dated 20-something guys, well into her 30's "Mostly for fun" (not sure what THAT means!).

Whatever MY thoughts on the subj., would anyone be asking this about a 32 y.o. MALE and a 27 y.o. female? NO. Not babes in the woods, any of them, eh?

• tony
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

it's not that much, i have been out with a couple of girls who were quite a bit younger than me, they didn't work out, but what is the harm in trying . you may find that he is a little immature when you get to know him, he only asked for a date it is not a marriage proposal, go for it see what happens at the very worst you have a bad date, or a couple then get fed up with him. but you might just really get on

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Yes- - why wouldn't it be? People are SO hung up on age. That went out with high school! You're both adults, so if you like each other then go for it!

• 10 years ago

Yes..its Ok.

All the best.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

hahahha yes

• 10 years ago

Yaaah (:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.