Is the EMT-D license from the PHILIPPINES valid for California and in other states to take the NREMT?

Hi there! I just wanted to ask about internationally educated EMTs. I have a friend who lives in the Philippines and is asking me if she can take the exam here in California or in other states. She already finished college and is already a Registered Nurse for two years and an EMT for one year. She said she's... show more Hi there! I just wanted to ask about internationally educated EMTs. I have a friend who lives in the Philippines and is asking me if she can take the exam here in California or in other states. She already finished college and is already a Registered Nurse for two years and an EMT for one year. She said she's an EMT-D, from the Philippine Society of Emergency Medical Technicians. She has her course description, certificate of completion of training and license.

-What are the requirements for assessment in California?
-Does she need to take the exam?
-Does she need to train again?
-Where can I call to ask more about EMTs?

*Does she need to have another training? Or the state is just going to ask for her course description, certificate of completion of training and license?*

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!
1 answer 1