Can someone please explain the difference between RMS and Wattage to me in terms of iPod speakers?

I am currently shopping for iPod speakers and am pretty new to all the terminology. I do not understand how powerful 30 Watts RMS speakers are. I have tested out 100 Watt speakers (they did not say RMS on the label, just 100 Watt) and they are perfect, but I don't understand how many Watts in comparison are in... show more I am currently shopping for iPod speakers and am pretty new to all the terminology. I do not understand how powerful 30 Watts RMS speakers are. I have tested out 100 Watt speakers (they did not say RMS on the label, just 100 Watt) and they are perfect, but I don't understand how many Watts in comparison are in the 30 Watts RMS speakers? Are they more powerful than the 100 Watt speakers? I'm not sure if that made any sense. Can anyone help me?
1 answer 1