Why isn't Liquid Swords a Wu-Tang album?

It basically is, RZA production, Wu-Tang members, what's the difference?

BQ: Favorite song of Liquid Swords?

Update:

It still gots that same Wu sound and there's a guest appearance (from the Wu) on like every song.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just because GZA puts his brothers on his songs doesn't mean it's Wu-Tang album. Almost all of the Wu albums back in the days featured a lot of Wu-Tang-members. Liquid Swords is a Wu-Tang album by the GZA. It features Wu-Tang members.

BQ: Damn, hard question. It could change anyday. Right now I would say Duel of the Iron Mic or Killah Hills 10304.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Because the Album was his project. He did feature Wu members on most of his songs but its still not enough to be a wu- tang album. Rza has produced albums for a lot of the Wu tang members lol, because the solo artist still want that wu sound. Rza and Gza are cousins and have been making music together far before the wu was started back in the 80's

B.Q. Investigative Report Report.

• 9 years ago

why say that about Liquid Swords

would it not be more appropriate to say that about OB4CL?

BQ: Shadowboxin

edit: of course its gonna have that sound what else you expect from RZA?

and the guest apperance well thats just the way wu roll most of the time, I stil think you should replace LS with OB4CL though.OB4CL is much more of a group album than LS

• 9 years ago

Because not everyone from Wu was on it or had a part of it, it's more of a solo album with guest appearances

BQ: Shadowboxin

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Because there's more than one song where GZA is the sole performer, bringing it up to a grand total of two for the album.

BQ: Labels

• 9 years ago

I see what your saying. Those early solo albums are all like mini group albums.

bq- Swordsman

• 9 years ago

because it isn't. 2001 had tons of guests and dre wasn't on every track but it's still a dre album

bq: cold world

• 9 years ago

Because it's a GZA album.

Shadowboxing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.