I can't keep my heels down... Help?

I keep on digging my heel down when I'm doing my lesson in english so I can start Hunter/Jumpers, but for some reason, it just will not do it, and that is the only thing keeping off the jumps, keeping me from getting my own horse, and showing! My left foot is a lot easier to get down, but I just loose all... show more I keep on digging my heel down when I'm doing my lesson in english so I can start Hunter/Jumpers, but for some reason, it just will not do it, and that is the only thing keeping off the jumps, keeping me from getting my own horse, and showing!

My left foot is a lot easier to get down, but I just loose all balance because I'm constantly like pushing my right foot down with all my weight and muscle, and I still hear my teacher correcting me.
Also, no my stirrups are not long at all. I have been riding for about two years, but I just started learning to ride jumpers/english/hunters. Though, I have rode Saddle seat about a year now, and never had any trouble.

I feel like I'm sliding out of my stirrups at times or that my ankle is just some weird thing that refuses to go down. No, I'm a dancer or anything, and I do really great Slaloming which is suppose to make the heel thing easier. It doesn't.

Any advise, tips, or people who have dealt with this before?

P.S No, I'm not knee pinching.