Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is the royal family allowed to date outside there race?

i just noticed the royal family is all pure white. families now a days have a little bit of mixture in them. i know they cant date catholics but i was wondering are they not allowed to marry outside there race. someone told me thats why they killed princess diana, but i really do not believe that.

Update:

i also heard u have to have royal blood so you cant marry in and become royal. lets say a black woman married prince henry and they had mixed kids and they were next in thrown.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Members of the Royal Family are free to date and marry representatives of any race, religion or nationality, apart from Roman Catholics.

2. You don't have to have Royal blood to marry into a Royal Family.

In fact, most of the recent marriages of British and European Royals were to commoners; Kate Middleton, Daniel Westling (Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's husband), Letizia Ortiz (wife of Crown Prince Felipe of Spain), Mary Donaldson (wife of Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark), Maxima Zorreguieta (wife of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands), Mette-Marit Hoiby (wife of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway) and others came from non-Royal, aristocratic or noble backgrounds.

3. The ancestry of British Royals is most definitely not pure white; Queen Elizabeth bears lineage from, among others, Arab, Armenian, Persian, Chinese, Latin, Cuman ethnicities

4. If Prince Harry marries a black woman and their mixed-race children become Heirs to the Throne (presumably, because Prince William doesn't have legitimate heirs o his own), there would be now issues; no one could or would contest their rights.

5. No one killed Diana, Princess of Wales; it was an accident.

Diana was no longer member of the Royal Family - who she dated or married was her own private business.

Moreover, prior to Dodi Al-Fayed, Diana had already dates a Muslim man - Doctor Hasnat Khan; unlike Diana's relationship with Dodi (which was described as a summer fling at best), her relationship with Dr. Khan was very serious - she reportedly wanted to marry him. And guess what - neither Diana, nor Hasnat Khan were 'killed'!

• 10 years ago

You don't have to have royal blood to marry into the family.

There is no law against one of the royals dating non-whites. If Harry married a black woman, it would not affect the succession, as long as his wife was not a Catholic.

The royal family is not "pure" white. If you trace their roots back about a thousand years, they allegedly have Middle Eastern and even Chinese ancestry (the latter is through a Sung Dynasty princess). I say "allegedly" because it is very difficult to prove that records going back that far are completely accurate, or that there are no instances of mistaken paternity in that many generations.

EDIT: Apparently it was the Tang dynasty, not Sung.

• 10 years ago

Of course they can. They can even marry Catholics, although this removes them from the succession. After the turn 25, they can date, and marry, whomever they wish.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Which "royal family" are you referring to?

There are about fifty monarchies in the world. Many of them are of mixed race.

Each country has different laws, some of which eliminate people of other races, by saying only certain religions can marry the heir to the throne...as such, with few people of said religion, they automatically eliminate many other races.

No. You don't have to be royal to marry into any royal family anymore...the gene pool became too small.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I think the queen would die of a heart attack.

What race besides white, was Diana?

Kate was the first to marry into the royal family with no royal blood.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Of course they can...much better than inbreeding.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.