j. asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Starting a critique group for teen writers. Interested?

I'm currently starting a critique groups for teens 12-19. Any genre or type (Flash fiction, short stories, novella/novels...etc.) is welcome. Me, I'm writing a YA urban fantasy novel, and read mainly anything.

P.S - I'm complementing either starting a Y group to post manuscripts or using email, maybe even a forum. Any suggestions?

-Thanks Manuscript Editor and Typist.

- Second, an update on how the group will work. I've created a wordpress private blog, on which (after I add you as an author) you can post your manuscripts, critiques can be emailed to the writer or commented. No, you don't need a wordpress account, you'll simply need to email your manuscript, and critiques will be emailed straight to you. Nice, right? Or is a forum better?

- M^^ . Is there any way I can contact you?

- Okay on the forum. I think it's a bit easier and can hold more features. So, still deciding whether to blog or to use a forum. I haven't made the blog yet (but preparing) nor the forum (but preparing).

- I meant yahoo group. (Y group)

Alright , so far forum won by 3/2 , so forum it is . Link: http://twcritiquegroup.up-your.com

Also, people have been having trouble with the forum. To write and preview certain forums, you need to sign up first.

To sign up:

1) The Register tab at the top

2) At the top you'll find the tab log in, click on it. On the page that open in the grey box, you'll find the Register in blue, click on that.

-Okay I'm allowing anyone under 19, just that you have to be serious about writing!

• -S-
    Best Answer

I can edit manuscripts for your group of writers. Take a look at my profile and email me if you're interested.

Also, by "complementing" you mean contemplating. :) Your idea sounds really nice and helpful.

EDIT: The focus of this group is solely critiquing, right? A blog is better suited if the focus is on one topic. With a forum there's room for distraction such as, only joining to socialize or vent etc. That's what communities like Mibba are for.

I'm really interested too! I've got a WordPress account - Ahmadblues - so it'll be pretty handy for me for it to be on a blog.

Personally I think a blog will be better because with a forum, if everyone gives a comment, then the work will be lost because of all the posts... I think you'll understand what I'm trying to get at.

With a blog, we can sort it into categories, add comments etc.

What's a Y group?

P.S. I told a friend who writes and he's interested too!

When will it start?

I'd most definately love to join! Can you send me the link to the blog/forum when it's up? Or should I email you?

Anyways I'm 100% interested :D

edit: my email just in case: amandasilvacarvalho at f-m.fm

Sounds great. I think a forum would be the best solution. Count me in :)

• Emma

Sounds great - definitely count me in :)

I think a forum would be best

Great venture to portray our skills.super like the forum.

I'm the writer friend that Mac talked about! I'm really interested !! I'd like to join! When will it start?!?! =D

I would most definetly be interested :)

It sounds like a great idea, and thank you for the link.

Sounds awesome! Do count me in :)

I LOVE giving my opinion, especially when its not needed! lol! Count me in!