The “Nicolas Cage Suck Factor” is approximately .75 (75%).
In recent years, the chance of a Nicolas Cage movie sucking is about 75% – only one in every four of his films will not suck.
I was at the movies last night and noticed the poster for Nicolas Cage’s new movie “Bangkok Dangerous” and a couple questions came to mind:
• ”Will Nicolas Cage show up in any movie offered to him?”
• “Since Leaving Las Vegas (1995), which Nicolas Cage movies haven’t sucked?”
Based on the films he’s appeared in since 1995, here is a running list of Sucked and Not Sucked (though not necessarily great, either). This is the data pool I used to generate the “Nicolas Cage Suck Factor.”
• Leaving Las Vegas
• City of Angels (almost sucked)
• Lord of War
• National Treasure (almost sucked)
• The Rock
• Con Air (yeah, I know, some liked it)
• Snake Eyes (really sucked)
• 8mm (semi-sucked)
• Bring Out the Dead (semi-sucked)
• Gone in 60 Seconds
• The Family Man
• A Christmas Carol: the Movie
• Matchstick Men
• The Wicker Man (semi-sucked)
• Ghost Rider
• National Treasure II
• Bangkok Dangerous
Update: To be scientifimical about this, post your own Nicolas Cage Suck Factor in the comments below, based upon the movies listed above and we can create a more accurate general public Nicolas Cage Suck Factor number.