What is "Indie" and what are Indie movies?

What's "Indie"? Is it related in any way to genre? Where does this term come from, why was it coined (origin) in the first place and what exactly is an Indie movie? Any popular examples of an Indie movie? Please don't kill me if I'm asking for too much. Thanks guys, and to you too, Yahoo!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Indie is short for independent. Independent films are films that are not backed by a huge studio. They often have a low budget, unknown directors and actors, and are characterized by very "arty" themes, but not in every case. Here are some famous indie films:

Swingers

Donnie Darko

The Blair Witch Project

Run, Lola, Run

Reservoir Dogs

Clerks

• boyes
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What Are Indie Movies

• 8 years ago

Indie is short for independent and means that the movie (or music or video game) was produced without the backing of a major studio. Indie films are sometimes refered to as art house films because they didn't get shown at big chain theaters only at small theaters. Often indie films are more graphic or sexually explicit because they don't have restrictions from a production company. Many "indie" films nowadays are produced by big production companies under a different name.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is "Indie" and what are Indie movies?

What's "Indie"? Is it related in any way to genre? Where does this term come from, why was it coined (origin) in the first place and what exactly is an Indie movie? Any popular examples of an Indie movie? Please don't kill me if I'm asking for too much. Thanks guys, and to you...

Source(s): quot indie quot indie movies: https://biturl.im/brU5Y
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

this is indie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chinad0ll/2852807256/

people who try reeeaallly hard to look/act different than everyone else (but all somehow end up looking the same) there are no specific indie movies because the point of an indie movie is that no one has ever heard of it... THAT is how indie it is! just really weiiirrd things that normal people would look at and be like uh yeah wtf is this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.