Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Can you die without breathing?

Don't say I need a therapist or anything.

Update:

it's so hard for me not breathing.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Go to a therapist.

Holding your breath will not kill you. If you hold it long enough, you will pass out, and resume breathing.

• 8 years ago

I am not sure what you are asking - but taking your question at face value, yes. If you don't breath you will die. A couple of minutes is enough to bring unconsciousness to most people, 5 minutes will see the beginnings of brain damage, and much longer than that will result in death.

• 8 years ago

Yeah of course you will! If you dont breathe, there wont be any oxygen in your body and your heart need oxygen in order to live! Dont tell me you are going kill yourself cus if you are than you need to get help

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I once knew a very nice man who was a truck driver. While driving one day he had an accident and was pinned so tight between the seat and the steering wheel that he smothered to death. Had it not been for that he would have lived because he had no other injuries.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes cause your lungs need oxygen and so does and your mussles and your brain so yes you will die if you do not breath

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.