Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 years ago

Should my wife take a temporary job at a strip club to save our house?

My wife lost her job. Her unemployment is about to run out and she has not yet gotten another job. The amount she needs to make in order for us to make our house payment is more than easy to get jobs, such as waitressing or fast food or a department store. She needs at least what she made before 50k a year... We are have about 2 months of savings but then if she is not working we loose our house.

A friend who works as a bouncer at a local strip club told her that he knows for a fact he can get her a job there and she would make enough in a month there to pay our mortgage for months to come... But this place is a full nude place and we are pretty conservative people. My wife even wears a 1 piece bathing suit. She has the body to strip. And under normal circumstances she would never in a million years do it.... but with our future in the balance and all other options exhausted. She is considering it. We know thru our friend many of the dancers go beyond lap dances in the back rooms and can make thousands a night if they give hand jobs and blow jobs. She is worried they make the girls to do it and she is horrible under pressure.

This maybe our only chance to save our family and keep our house and not go homeless (we have a little girl and the idea of being homeless keeps us up at night!)

Should she do it for a few months to get us thru this? even if she is required to give high paying clientele hj's and bj's?

We are still screwed if we sell the house... it is now worth about 40 grand less than we paid so we would still have a mortgage we cant pay without her income. I already work 60 hrs a week at my job and I cant get a second.

It may come down to taking this strip gig or going homeless (we dont have family to help us both of us are only kids with parents who passed away)

Are you seriously asking this? No man who truly loves or respects his wife would ever let her even CONSIDER this!! Grow a pair and you go out and get two or three jobs if you so desperately wish to save your home. And when you finally come to your senses, you'll realize that nothing replaces family and as long as you have each other, you'll find a way to make things work.

I've got nothing against a woman who does this for a living. I'm only speaking as a husband and a father. I would never let that option come across the table.

Doing that to other guys is not worth saving your house. Find another strip club where she wouldnt have to go that far. She'll still make a lot of money. If my husband allowed me to do that even under worse circumstances, i wouldnt feel respected. Of course, if you both are ok with it then...

It could cause problems/trust issues in the future that could hurt your marriage. That may not be worth your house.

And you are completely incapable of finding a job yourself?

Sounds like your wife has been the provider, maybe you should step up, and not depend on her.

You could join a Bear club and perform the same services.

• On one hand I'm all for strippers and strip clubs, but that's assuming they are single women or very assertive married ones who can handle pressure. In your case, I think you ought to get a second job, perhaps as a private male stripper or an asphalt re-coater in the evenings.

You shouldn't do it. I'm sure now the money sounds good but think about when she actaully leaves for work and you know where she is going and how many guys are going to look at her and touch her. It's only going to cause tension between the 2 of you. Good Luck and I'm sorry.

Don't do it!! You may save your house, but you're gonna have to live with the fact that hundreds of other guys have seen her naked and felt her up for the rest of your life. I can't even imagine what kind of effect it'll have on her.

I think you should give the hj and bj's, offer your services to men on craigslist! You will be surprised how much YOU can make!

It may save the house but it may destroy your marriage. Need to really think about it.

Yes. I'm a dancer. There's nothing wrong with it

shame on you... cant you sell the house and get a smaller place?