Guinea Pig Questions!?

Okay so I really want a female guinea pig (the smooth-coated ones), and I want to name her Dixie Belle. When I acquire Dixie I do not just want a pet, I want her to be my best friend. So I have a few questions: First off, If I adopt a guinea pig, can I rename her Dixie, or will she already know her previous... show more Okay so I really want a female guinea pig (the smooth-coated ones), and I want to name her Dixie Belle. When I acquire Dixie I do not just want a pet, I want her to be my best friend. So I have a few questions:

First off, If I adopt a guinea pig, can I rename her Dixie, or will she already know her previous name?

What is the best way to acquire a guinea pig in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida?

Can I bring Dixie everywhere with me? I want to get one of those bags for pets, so she can come with me everywhere. If the bags aren't the best way, can we use a harness and leash and take walks together?

Can I feed Dixie popcorn? I know you can feed them fruits and vegetables. But can you feed them it as a tiny little snack?

Can guinea pigs be litter trained? I been reading online, and many people have mixed feeling about this.
Update: Also, I go to Orlando every two months or so. Do guinea pigs enjoy car rides? And would it be okay If I bring her with me?
9 answers 9