Differences between Computer Engineering and Software Engineering?

It's about time for me to start applying to colleges, and although I have a pretty good idea of which ones I want to go to, I'm not sure about what to major in. I like math, science, and computers, so I was considering majoring in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. What are the main differences between these two majors in terms of content and salary/job outlook after college? Should I get a graduate degree after college for these majors?

Favorite Answer

I would disagree with the CE having only minimal software training compare to CS. They also have a great detail of training in software but it is lower on the software stack...closer to the actual physical operation of the processor itself and associated hardware.

Source(s): CSE major

Computer Engineering = People who are most likely have high knowledge in computer hardware with minimal in software development.

Software Engineering = People who have high knowledge in software development (Coding, Implementing) with minimal in computer hardware,

In simple words computer engineering is hardware (fundamental , working,os,parts,type,etc ) + software engineering but software engineering is only software (language , programing ,logic, etc )

Source(s): want to know more just go to wikipedia.org search for your course