promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is your advice to the youth about the economy?

i want to live the american dream in the high income class...what should I do for a living in the United States?

Update:

jaker- so spend a quarter million to become a doctor and then rat race to pay student loans the rest of my life and hope to have a life when im 60? I work at a hospital, many doctors are completely miserable, they read their whole life, have no social life and are always working.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

avoid student loans.

don't bother with corporations if you want meaningful work.

don't buy a house - unless you want staggering debt.

don't ever get credit cards, if you have one, don't ever run up a balance.

avoid banks if at all possible - use credit unions. you'll be surprised at how many are out there.

use your college education as an opportunity to discover your true purpose - not to get a 'job' with a faceless corporation that will like as not, sell you down some river in china or india.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

The only way you can live the "american dream" right now is if you have money...my advice is that the economy SUCKS here...so if ur lucky, ull b able to get a job..SAVE your money..do not go out to eat a lot..my family does that 2-3 times a month which is okay...get ur food at stop & shop if theres one near u cause if u sign up for a stop& shop card u can get gas points for shell stations so u save money on food nd gas at the same time..thats all i have for you at the moment..and im 16 yrs old by the way :) hope the advice is good :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Understand how the economy works. Things will make a lot more sense. Don't buy what people tell you is going to improve your life.. Like everything Obama is trying to do is mostly bs. Competition is GOOD and people need to work hard to achieve whatever your American dream may be. Our future is going to be pretty dim if we simply hand people what they want.. You have to create your own future! Stay focused on your goal and hang in there when it gets rough. You'll feel so accomplished!! And as for what you should do to make a living, you can do anything you want and have a fulfilling quality of life only if you have a degree/education!! Good luck :) btw I'm 17 and want to be a cardiologist, are you interested in medicine?

• 9 years ago

Understand that you cannot live the "high income class" unless you're debt free. Education is helpful, but not absolutely necessary. Debt is the key.

If you can live debt free then even a modest income will allow you to live a good lifestyle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

If you can’t take care of the poor, you can’t take care of the rich.

Do not allow yourself to fall into the right-wing ideology, which is “I’ve got mine! To heck with everybody else!” Be smart, be strong, but be human. When you do well, give a little back.

And never, ever, ever, vote for a Republican president.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Somthing that takes a good education to do. Most people will not be able to compete.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Be borne into wealth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.