Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 10 years ago

Do i have a shot at Syracuse or WVU? Please help :(?

I have a 3.2 gpa in school and will be entering my senior year in high school. I also play Varsity Soccer for 3 years in High school, and 1 year of JV lacrosse and 1 year of Varsity lacrosse. I also volunteer at my local library, and do volunteer as maintenence and as a counselor at a week-long christian camp in Pennsylvania for 2 years. I will also be employed at the Thayer Hotel at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York. My highest scores on my SAT thus far is 530 on Verbal, 570 writing, and 460 on Math. I'll be re-taking the test about 1-2 more times this fall. If i really bust it out my senior year, 3.5 or higher, will i have a shot at higher level schools like Syracuse or Rutgers? I'm looking to go into Journalism-Print. I know newhouse @ syracuse is extremely difficult to get into, so ill settle for any other related major...do i atleast have a shot at West Virginia?? Is there any other schools you'd recommend?! Thanks a lot. Looking for a thorough answer..

With that said, I'm looking into Long Island University, West Virginia University, Rutgers University, Syracuse University, and SUNY Cortland. I'm trying to go big or go home here. I can really write a mean and sophisticated essay and get great leadership letters of recommendation from my sports coaches and employers. Will doing flawless senior year help me!? Thanks alot.

Favorite Answer

You really don't even need to worry about WVU. That school would accept you without a doubt because their standards are so low and many people are accepted with much lower credentials than you. If you keep up your GPA and improve upon your SAT score, then this school won't be a problem.

Don't forget to get teacher recommendations if you're just thinking about leadership letters from sports coaches and employers.

You have a shot at Rutgers I think, but you'll need to improve your academics.

• ?

West Virginia 34 Syracuse 17. After kickoff click on deliver not extra solutions.that's what I do after the kickoff of the 1st of the ten video games I placed out each and every week,then you particularly do no longer could video exhibit the solutions.