He needs space, but still loves me?

So I've been dating this guy for about 4 months and he recently engaged to me but earlier in this afternoon he told me "we are getting serious way to fast, you are the best thing that happened to me, but I need my space" he told me he still cares/loves me. But I just want to know what should I do? I know I should give him his own personal time, but its already driving me crazy. Any advice would help.

Favorite Answer

Men need physical space and time on their own in order to relieve themselves mentally and emotionally. To them, its an escape from reality and a mechanism they use to vent about everyday pressures. Now ontop of everything else, he is probably stressing about the engagement. Even still, if you both are young, he might even be questioning if its the right thing.

Realize though, that your guy is not just doing this out of selfishness or because he is any less in love with you. Its just a natural need.

The other thing I should probably mention is that your fiance is probably right. You both have only been together for 4 months and are already engaged?

Regardless, if he popped the question, regardless of how he feels for you, you both are still in the beginning stages of the relationship where you both may need more time to figure yourselves out as well as feel out the relationship and where you stand with one another.

In hindsight and with all that said, respecting his space and giving your ownself time may be best for you both. Consider what your boyfriend is asking for as a favor.

Engaging to be married is a huge committment. One that seriously requires alot of thought and getting to know the other person thoroughly first.

Am I doubting your feelings or that this will last? No, but I think your man may be right in "too serious, too fast".

he isn't ready to settle down, he still wants to go out and enjoy his single life before being tied down. im sorry but i don't think that he cares about you as much as he says because if he did then he wouldn't even consider not being with you. move on and find somebody that will care for you.

Source(s): im a guy and my ex had the exact same excuse, turned out she just wanted to go out and be singl

He probably got cold feet but give him some space and just take it slow.