Is it legal for a 15 year old to register a LLC?

Hello, I am 15 years old and have been computer programming since I was 10 years old. Most of the software I have programmed has just been 'toys', but now I am working on a sellable HTML5 game. I want to register an LLC company, (that is the category of company I would want to register it as, correct?). The company would just function as a game studio company, and be used to copyright my work. Could I register this company in my name, or should I register it in the name of my legal guardians.

I have an additional legal question. My game, which will be ported to various platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, PC, Mac), will it run into any trouble (e.g. not being approved on iOS app store) because it was made by a 'minor'.

• Kyle
    Favorite Answer

I believe you have to be at least 18. Maybe partner with an older person and get everything in a contract with your legal guardians representing you.

If you need any graphics work and/or logo let me know. I'm an experienced graphic designer but I have a passion for startups such as this. RedFuzz.co is my website. I'm in the U.S. Just message me on here or redfuzzstudios@gmail.com since my contact form on my website is having some issues.

Good luck and please consider my offer. I'm not looking for money.

Yes, it is.