Your top 20 non-American fighters of all time?
Before you semantics people get your panties in a wad, I'm referring to "fighters born outside of the United States."
1. Sam Langford (Canada)
2. Carlos Monzon (Argentina)
3. Ricardo Lopez (Mexico)
4. Eder Jofre (Brazil)
5. Roberto Duran (Panama)
6. Dick Tiger (Nigeria)
7. Bob Fitzsimmons (United Kingdom)
8. Jimmy Wilde (United Kingdom)
9. Wilfredo Gomez (Puerto Rico)
10. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. (Mexico)
11. Vicente Saldivar (Mexico)
12. Panama Al Brown (Panama)
13. Jimmy McLarnin (Ireland)
14. Alexis Arguello (Nicaragua)
15. Young Corbett III (Italy)
16. Emile Griffith (Virgin Islands)
17. Gilberto Roman (Mexico)
18. Duilio Loi (Italy)
19. Joe Calzaghe (United Kingdom)
20. Manny Pacquiao (Philippines)
Tracey: Because Sam Langford was greater than Duran, and was FAR greater than Chavez. There isn't a single name on Chavez's resume that compares to the guys Langford beat.
- toughguy2Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Sir I'm not going to put them in any certain order, but here are 20 great non American fighters"
1. Sam Langford
2. Roberto Duran
3. Carlos Monzon
4. Marcel Cerdan
5. Pancho Villa
6. Jimmy Wilde
7. Pascual Perez
8. Laszlo Papp
9. Julio Cesar Chavez
10. Jimmy McLarnin
11. Eder Jofre
12. Ricardo Lopez
13. Khasoi Galaxy
14. Alexis Arguello
15. Carlos Zarate
16. Salvador Sanchez
17. Wilfred Benitez
18. Wilfredo Gomez
19. Dick Tiger
20. Duilio Loi
Also: Nicolino Locche, Benny Lynch, Bob Fitzsimmons, Peter Jackson, Young Corbett III, Marcel Thil, Georges Carpentier, Les Darcy, Eugene Criqui, Felix Trinidad, Carlos Ortiz, Ken Buchanan, Panama Al Brown, George Dixon, George Dixon, Original Joe Walcott, Azumah Nelson, Freddie Welsh, Young Griffo, Vincente Saldivar, Kid Williams, Ruben Olivares, Victor Galindez, Ingemar Johansson, Barry McGuigan, Jose Napoles, Eusebio Pedroza, Luis Rodriquez, Max Schmeling, Jose Torres, and so many more.
Tracey, if you had of taken the time to read my answer, it clearly says in no particularly order as I am not ranking them, but merely naming them.
- teodorLv 79 years ago
1. Manny Pacquiao ( Philippines )
2. Jung Koo Chang ( S. Korea )
3. Koassay Galaxi ( Thailand )
4. Fighting Harada ( Japan )
5. Roberto Duran ( Panama )
6. Carlos Ortiz ( Puerto Rico )
7. Carlos Monzon ( Argentina )
8. Julio Cesar Chavez (Mexico )
9. Alexis Arguello ( Nicaragua )
10. Nino Benvenuti ( Italy )
11. Lennox Lewis ( Canada )
12. Jeff Fenech ( Australia )
13. Marcel Cerdan (France )
14. Jimmy Wilde ( Great Britain )
15. Azumah Nelson ( Ghana )
16. Kid Gavilan ( Cuba )
17. Ike Ibeabuchi ( Nigeria )
18. Mustafa Hamsho ( Syria )
19. David Tua ( Samoa )
20. Kid Pembele Cervantes ( Colombia )
- Anonymous9 years ago
how on earth can you put sam langford above roberto duran or julio ceaser chavez...
mark you are completely brain washed chavez was 88 /0 before he lost with 29 world title fights langford never won one world title ...
and how can you put manny at 20 madness
as for tough guy putting laszlo papp in the top ten he never even thought for a world title .....
teodor is the only one remotely near the answer
- PinguinoLv 79 years ago
I don't have a top 20, but both Nino Benvenuti and Sandro Mazzinghi deserve to be on that list.