Does it sound like I might have tinnitus? If so, do you think it could be permanent?

I copied basically all of this from a question I asked yesterday: I got an infection in my right ear about six weeks ago, and I was prescribed penicillin at first. My doctor said it was an infection behind the ear drum. After two weeks it still wasn't gone, so he then gave me ear drops (some thick yellow stuff... show more I copied basically all of this from a question I asked yesterday:
I got an infection in my right ear about six weeks ago, and I was prescribed penicillin at first. My doctor said it was an infection behind the ear drum. After two weeks it still wasn't gone, so he then gave me ear drops (some thick yellow stuff that I don't remember the name of) that I was supposed to take for two weeks. There was no improvement after the first week, so he gave me different drops that I took for a week (these ones were more watery and see-through), but they still didn't help so he put me back on the yellow drops. I've been on them since Thursday, and I'm supposed to take them for a week to avoid irritation from the other drops. He now says it's a middle ear infection.
The first four weeks I only used it in my right ear, but because of some mild pain I started using drops in my left ear as well.

Everytime I take the drops in my right ear, I hear this tiny "explosion" and my ear feels cold, but when I take it in my left ear it's not uncomfortable at all and I hardly notice it - but yesterday when I used the drops I felt the same sensation in my left ear, and right after the ringing started. The ringing is constant but the noise flickers a bit. It kinda sounds like tv static or Cicadas.
I've scheduled an appointment with a specialist but I have to wait at least a week.
My doctor said it wasn't wax when I asked him (I actually asked two different doctors about that), but I'm afraid they might be wrong. I haven't used the drops today.

Does it sound like I could have tinnitus? When I shower the noise isn't that loud for a few minutes after and sometimes it goes away for a few hours, but it's basically been constant since I used the drops yesterday (and now it's also in my right ear).
I read somewhere that it could be caused by loud noises and anxiety, and I feel like I should mention that I use headphones nearly every day (but just barely loud enough to hear the music), and I have general anxiety (diagnosed avoidant personality disorder - I tend to be anxious and stressed out about everything).
Could the ringing be permanent if wax, stress/anxiety or loud noises are the cause?
Sorry this question's so long and my English sucks.