Error during installation of The Sims 2 expansion packs in Vista?

I have The Sims 2, along with Pets and Seasons, which I've used to play on my old PC with Windows XP as its OS. Now I'm trying to install these games on my laptop which uses Vista, and I've been encountering installation errors when I tried installing the expansion packs. Once they've been installed... show more I have The Sims 2, along with Pets and Seasons, which I've used to play on my old PC with Windows XP as its OS. Now I'm trying to install these games on my laptop which uses Vista, and I've been encountering installation errors when I tried installing the expansion packs. Once they've been installed 100%, I've been asked to insert CD 4 of the original Sims to continue. I did so, but I always received this message, "Error during update installation." Now I've been playing The Sims on my laptop without the update from EA (their site is down) by setting the compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) under Properties and running it as Administrator. Is there any way to solve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
Update: I've bought my copy of TS2 in 2005.