Is keeping Marijuana “illegal” worth the tax dollars it takes to enforce that law?

Or should we adopt a “conservative stance” on the issue and stop attempting to diminish personal choice or more over; personal responsibility?

Not at all if marijuana was legal all of the tax dollars would go toward something that could actually be helped or fixed keeping marijuana illegal has never worked and use rates are rising to record levels now that more and more people are learning the true facts. Also marijuana is the number one cash crop beating out corn and wheat earning so much more money for the country and it would take any inmate with a marijuana related arrest out of jail saving more tax payer dollars so we don't have to pay for them in jail. Legalize It

No its not worth keeping illegal, the only reason it was made illegal was a smear campaign that claimed marijuana would make a user "insane" and they would kill anybody around them. Oddly enough this was backed by someone who owned and had alot invested in a wood paper mill while at the time Hemp was shows to be cheaper and more efficient than wood for making paper and several other products. As for captain valiant preaching all "drugs" are bad, im sure he has no problem with the hundreds upon thousands of prescriptions that have FAR worse consequences than THC. Most of which are simply synthesized chemical versions of recreational drugs... Ever wonder why Opiates sounds alot like Opium? Its a more refined form of it and FAR more dangerous.

Not a single drug is bad, its simply a substance. It all comes down to the user. If instead of wasting so much money on a useless law they applied it to education, maybe in a generation or two everybody wouldn't be so ******* ignorant

• Ivette

Yes the war on drugs cost the US more and legalizing marijuana and collecting taxes on it would be a viable source of income for the US. I tend to think those who benefit most by keeping it illegal are Mexican Drug Cartels.

I've heard the argument made that the government makes more money from fines,etc than it would from increased revenue should it be legal. Given the cost of running prisons I find it hard to believe.

I say legalize all drugs. We'd be better off. The majority of people in prison are there for drug related offenses. Treat it as the problem it is, not a crime.

• Mike W

No it isn't worth the money needed to enforce the laws. Our government has some serious trust issues with the citizens. Education is a better weapon against drug abuse than just banning it.

So yes it SHOULD be legal, I mean honestly, who grows there own tobacco or makes alcohol?

Well I am positive not many people will grow it if it's available at the corner store down the street.

IT IS NOT SO F CKING BAD!!

If it is well I guess the people (Doctors, and medical professors included) on the documentary In my sources, are just stupid and making stuff up.

Source(s): http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-union-the-busin... Spare 13 minutes of your life and watch it...

Just make it legal. I've never understood this debate. The government needs to get off of everyone's back and just be more liberal with marijuana and the drinking age. We waste so much money trying to get marijuana out of society. it's never going to happen so we mine as well just make it legal. It would save us a lot of money and honestly it would probably make us plenty of much needed money.

@Texas cowgirl Look at other nations that have legalized marijuana, the drug to crime rate is down so low compared to this country as to be nonexistent. I for one say legalize it, that way the federal government would be able to tax it like it does cigarettes. It would drastically cut down the number of inmates in the prison system. And to the people talking about banning marijuana because it makes you stupid, so does alcohol, pot just makes you dumb faster.

This continuing, losing "war" on drugs is a huge money sink, and is putting people in prison to no good end. Marijuana is at worst innocuous, and at best a very useful herb. It shouldn't be illegal to grow, buy, sell, or use.

We should not legalilze bad things, especially saying okay for people

to use halucinating drugs. If it becomes legal, we'll have many many

teenagers using it because it's the fad (like tattoos are now) and them

on the streets with brain disfunction due to the marijuana or worse

that they are freaking out on. I've heard that marijuana only leads to

heroine and other newer drugs that make people "high" and combined

with alcohol sometimes equals death. At any rate, I don't think that's

really what we want for our young folks to be doing, and what they're

becomming when it becomes a habit they can't break.