A few questions about Reading Festival :)!?

This is going to be my first proper festival and I'm so excited, I have an entire weekend ticket so I'm camping. I've heard various things about tents getting destroyed and things getting stolen, so obviously I'm going to keep the few valuables I'm taking on me all the time, but yeah what's the deal with tents getting trashed, has anyone actually experienced this?

Also what are the prices like for food there?

Anything else you think would be useful for me to know please let me know :)! Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

Hey, I would suggest re not getting tents trashed to pitch up in the middle of a field, say as opposed to next to a pathway. I've had many a drunk person vomiting on my tent "cos there was nowhere else". At the end of the day, there's a lot of tents there so it's unlikely there'll be any thieving, provided you take yr valuables with you.

Food is always massively expensive at festivals, so it's nice to have some sort of hot water based meal to fal back on - a camping stove is always a pretty good idea!

Hope that helped!

(ps. a torch is a complete saviour when you've stumbled through the mud drunk at 2am in wellies (also essential) - make sure it's proper powerful, like.)