2000 bmw 323i brake light on?

My brake light came on I think its the brake sensor. I just looked at the brakes and took them apart and and found out the rear brakes are worn down to the sensor and the light wont go out,.I replaced the rear breaks and sensor and the light is still on.Whats the problem

Favorite Answer

Usually when your brake light comes on the dashboard, It means that either you got the parking brake engaged or the pressure in the master cylinder (brake cylinder) is low when you press the brake petal.

There is no sensor on the rear brakes pads and the only "sensor" on the rear brakes is for ABS (if your car uses a sensor for ABS activation on the rear brakes)

Look around for leaking brake fluid or see if your parking brake cable is frozen.

Source(s): 25 years of backyard mechanics

If the brake pad wear sensor light is on you have to replace the sensor. You said you replaced the pads and sensor, now to turn the light out you have to turn the key into the "on" position and let it sit about 1 minute. Starting and driving will not allow it to go out.

Source(s): BMW Tech
  • CT

Release the parkng brake.

• mohd a

check the new sensor wire if fixed well ...then wait one day then light will go out,