Is this too weird on picking name?

Okay so we are keeping all of our initials the same ARS. I'm Amber Rene' and the dad is Aaron Ross. so that's 5letter first name 4 letter middle.our son is Austin Reese,6&5. so would it be better to keep this babies name 6&5 letters each too or is that too awkward?

Omg I'm sick of hearing about name meaning. Theres none. The meaning is we all keep the same initials.

BTW I'm not limited in any way. I had a list of over 20 girl names and 10 boy names

Favorite Answer

If you can do it, why not?

My aunt Peggy is married to Peter and they have 3 children:

Peter Jr

Penny

Pammy (Pamela)

I must think some people would think it was strange. Name children whatever you want. In the end it's your decision. Just make sure you do whatever you think is right for the child.

I don't think the names need to be so similar. Having all names start with the same first initial limits you to so much, making all the initials the same leaves you even less to choose from, but counting letters too is a lot to match. Remember your kids are individuals, they should have names you love that have meaning to you, not just something that "goes together".

I like the ARS idea but don't make each name the same amount of letters. That'll be difficult to do and you might have to settle on a name you don't really like. But do the ARS I think that's awesome.

• Sabine

I think you are limiting yourself too much. Remember that you are naming an individual, not just a member of a set. If you want to keep the initials A.R that's fine though as long as you can find names you really like.

cute idea

Boys First:

Archer

Alaric

August

Middle:

Rylan, Ryker, Rhett, Ronan, Rowan, Roman, River

Girls First:

Autumn

Amelie

Athena

Aurora

Middle:

Raine, Riyah, Reena

My favs from these are:

Archer Rhett and Amelie Raine

I think that giving your self the parameters of two syllable first name, 6 letters or less; middle name one syllable, five letters or less; and initials ARS is not unreasonable - - - as long as you can find names that you like. Using names you don't like just because they fit the parameters is self-defeating.

Austin Reese sounds great!

If you really like that name you should keep it. At least you still have the same initials!

I think it's cute, all of my kid's names start with a "J" and end with an "N" and are 6 letters long, how about Anabell Rhien?

It seems cool lol some people might think it's strange but people always have their own opinions, just do whatever you want and what will make you happy. ^-^