why are people afraid to flush the toilet at night?

I was up one night and i went to the bathroom. And i flushed the toilet (lol) and i thought how when i was younger I was always neverous to flush the toilet. My friends are evn now creeped out to flush the toilet at night..... Why does it seem kinda weird to flush the toilet at night. i was wondering that for a while and no body could ever tell me. Do you know? Is it just cuz it is a random noise in the slilence of the night?

-Thanks ( only if u answer :P )

Favorite Answer

Because you are in a relaxed state of mind and subconsciously you know it will alter your state of mind with the noise. You want to stay in that relaxed state. That is just a theory.....and you don't want to wake the whole house up especially if you stunk it all up, lol. :)

Its usually because the sound of the toilet flushing sounds really loud at night. I usually just put the lid down and flush it first thing in the morning because I don't want to wake up anybody. Hope it helped!

The noise might wake up other people in the house. I sometimes close the lid when I flush at night to reduce the noise.

if you've folk in the house then sometimes you feel as though you Will wake them if you flush. other than that, sose it saves the water as you Will get up 1st thing and go again. i guess its Jus habit or not wanting disturb folk. sometimes i do it if Im in myself, i think it goes back to the whole "in case someone is lurking" and you dnt wana alert them in case you have a confrontation - unlikely i know but sometimes childhood fears play at the back of your mind. hope that helps. x