Ahhhhh the old "no contact" rule. Girl no contact applies only to couples in which one party does not feel for the other anymore. Since your ex did not say that he does not wanna see you, you can still make things work! What you wrote over email is not a mean thing, in fact, you are just setting yourself to the hard to get situation.
Here's my suggestion:
1. avoid visitation, but hang out in that area more.
2. "bump" into him more often and catch up. Build strong chemistry, do this for a while.
3. Stop the habit of "bumping" into him. Stop all contact altogether. He'll relapse fond memories with you.
4. All of a sudden, show up with another guy. If he asks about your relationship status, keep it a mystery.
5. Disappear for a while. He'll start contacting you like crazy, but let him wait.
6. Talk to him, see what he wants..... You'll know by now.