RB asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

Is it legal to own a venomous snake?

I want to buy a king cobra, is it legal to buy and keep it in my house?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Do you know what your getting yourself into? Owning venomous snakes is like have a loaded gun. It's cool but they are EXTREMELY dangerous. If you get bit you will die. Now if you are experienced and you think you can handle a cobra without dying then you have to check with your state. Some states allow you to keep them if you have the proper licensing but many states don't allow you to have them at all. Another problem is this; King Cobras get quite large and if it gets out and is found outside you will be arrested and the snake will most likely be killed. I would suggest making sure you NEVER try to touch the snake and you drop its food in from a slot in the top of the cage. MAKE SURE THE SNAKE CAN NOT GET OUT. This means; padlocks, strong cage, and a constant observation of how the snake could get out. Please do not buy a venomous snake unless you are EXTREMELY experienced and willing to not handle it.

• 8 years ago

It is legal,but depends where you live.Some sites sell spitting cobras.You require a lot of experience and need to be licenced.And take an exam on handling and petting venomous snakes.

• 8 years ago

Depends on the state you live in. Some states have restrictions placed on venomous species while others do not. You'll have to check with your state's wildlife resource agency's guidelines.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It depends on local ordinances. Not the brightest choice for a pet, though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Only if you have the proper license

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

It would need to be registered and you would need a license

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

not illegal i don't think but you would need a license

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

ONLY IF ITS TEN FEET LONG! ANYTHING LESS REQUIRES YOU TO EAT YOUR OWN FOOT. GOOD LUCK MATING THOSE BETA FISH! ALWAYS STAY FREEEESSSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLOL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.