Ashley asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Alaskan Malamute Puppy Florida?

I'm looking for an Alaskan Malamute puppy, and have actually found several online that are cute.Though the ad says they are in Florida when I start e-mailing the seller they don't even live any where near Florida.I don't have the extra $500 to have a dog shipped to me.I am only looking for one in Florida,and within a few miles of the Clay County area would be best.Please don't comment if your ganna tell me not to get one in Florida cause the "heat is so unbearable."I have read about things that can help keep the dog cool and my family has a 3 dogs currently and a cat.I have had all kinds of pets growing up (dogs,cats,chickens,ducks,bunnies,ect.)and no I'm not kidding.My mom and step dad were also raised with tons a different pets when they were young.I am 17 and will be 18 soon and would like one for my birthday,so please only leave a comment if you can help me.

• Alyssa
    Favorite Answer

Go to http://www.breeders.net/

Type in your zipcode and select Alaskan Malamute. Then click on "Fetch!"

Boom, Alaskan Malamute breeders closest to you!

You seem to know what you're doing with keeping the dog cool and such. Hopefully you did your research to know Malamutes need a large, fenced in yard to dash around in, they have loads of excess energy to be tamed, they shed massive clumps the size of Chihuahuas and you need to keep them cool all year long. Also, if you plan to go to college next year, he will NOT survive in a dorm, and your parents will need to meet its exercise needs.

Good luck to you, and have fun!

• louria

do slightly diagnosis. start up with the AKC website and the Alaskan Malamute membership of u.s.. there is extremely some information on line and a few great books accessible. do no longer base your determination on a internet dialogue board! That being suggested: Mals are great canines, yet they have been more suitable to be an arctic breed the place they had to think of for themselves. they do no longer look to be difficulty-free to coach, particularly for beginner vendors. attempting to stress one into doing some thing will backfire. Use beneficial strategies and make the canine think of it grow to be his concept all alongside. unlike some breeds, the Mal would be extra probable to think of for himself rather of attempting to do despite that's you %. they're smart adequate to coach you rather of any incorrect way around! Many tend to be dominant. Mals prefer extremely some grooming and exercising, and you need to use great care for the period of warmer climate. that's no longer a breed which you would be able to flow away on my own in the backyard or kennel all day. they'll dig, bark, chunk, and grow to be rather detrimental if bored. you could desire to contain your domestic dog in the family members, no longer flow away it by itself. Mals will leap or climb fences merely to coach they might. some tend to be canine aggressive. Many view smaller animals as prey and could hunt and/or kill rabbits, birds, squirrels, cats, etc. they're additionally services to well being issues if offered from unreputable aspects. Take some weeks (or extra) and do your examine. call and consult with a pair breeders. verify you purchase from a impressive breeder rather of from a newspaper advert or a puppy keep. this variety of breeder would be keen to flow to with you and enable you to comprehend the experts and cons of the breed and examine no rely if this could be a sturdy fit for you. everybody who tells you that's the applicable canine for each individual and that there are no longer any undesirable issues approximately it does not have your maximum suitable pastime or the domestic dogs' in suggestions-- they're basically attempting to make a sale.

do not get one in florida! my friend had one there and it kept shedding and shedding a LOT of hair. the dog will do best in a colder climate.