Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 8 years ago

Is it ok to drink expired milk from 1 day ago?

i bought milk and i bought it a little before it expired and i forgot we had milk so it had gone 1 day past the expiration date

Update:

what about cereal why would i boil my cereal's milk???? Im currently 10 years old

11 Answers

Relevance
  • RoyS
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

1. You don't have to boil the milk. Many people are sadly paranoid and misinformed about food safety.

2. Milk is usually good for far longer than the three days that many people mistakenly believe in. I have kept milk in my fridge for three WEEKS beyond the Sell By date, and it was fine.

3. Always use your own common sense to determine if food is still good.

Does it look ok?

Does it smell ok? (You will know if milk is spoiled, believe me)

Does it feel ok? (Most useful for meats)

Finally, Does it taste ok? A small sip of spoiled milk will not hurt you, but you will know for sure if it really is bad.

That date printed on a package or container is not 'magic'; food can be good for weeks and months beyond the date.

Source(s): 56 years of common sense.
  • 8 years ago

the date on the package is the sell by date. Usually the milk is good for about 3 days after. An opaque carton may last longer than a transparent one. But always go by the smell and taste. I have had milk go bad before the sell by date due to "conditions" in the kitchen.

Source(s): my nose :)
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

its perfectly ok to drink milk the day after.... When it says best by this date, that just means that it would be best for you to eat or drink this before it expires.... my milk usually last after the expiration date:~)

• 8 years ago

Absolutely, if it was in the fridge. The expiration date is kind of like a safety for the companies, it's usually way in advance so that they won't get in trouble if someone gets sick from their product.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tish
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Yes, if you have kept it cold. The companies build in a two to three day factor beyond the expired date, to use their product. Even if they didn't, it wouldn't kill you.

• 8 years ago

Its OK to drink, if you have kept it in refrigerator or boiled it before drinking

• 8 years ago

Don't go by the date. Go by the smell and taste.

• 8 years ago

it's better not to

but i think it is ok if you've kept it in fridge

but it is better to boil it before drinking and see if after boiling there was no change and it is not coagulated it is ok

good luck

Source(s): my experience
  • 8 years ago

If it still smells good then its still good.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

NO! You might get the running shyts, though!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.