Cómo se dice en Alemán esto?

En Brasil, hay uma canción antiga que dice “De dia falta água e de noite falta luz”, algo que em inglês seria “In the day light period (= morning and afternoon), the water is off (= the company stops the water supply), at night, the light is off (= the company stops the electricity supply, so there is a black out)”

1. De cuántas maneras puedo expresar esa frase en español?

“De dia SEMPRE falta água e de noite SEMPRE falta luz” (sempre = always)

2. De cuántas maneras puedo expresar esa frase en alemán?

“De dia SEMPRE falta água e de noite SEMPRE falta luz”

→ 3. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) nicht zu erwähnen" (not to mention).

→ 4. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) zu erwähnen" (to mention).

→ 5. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) mal außen vor zu lassen.

Update:

→ 6. Does the expression “bis damals” exist?

Is this expression used a lot?

Write to me three German sentences with the English and Spanish translations.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Luna
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. De cuántas maneras puedo expresar esa frase en español?

“De dia SEMPRE falta água e de noite SEMPRE falta luz” (sempre = always)

De día siempre falta agua y de noche siempre falta luz

De día nunca hay agua y de noche nunca hay luz (meaning the same, other way to express it)

2. De cuántas maneras puedo expresar esa frase en alemán?

“De dia SEMPRE falta água e de noite SEMPRE falta luz”

Tags/Tagsüber fehlt immer Wasser und nachts fehlt immer Licht

Am Tag fehlt immer Wasser und in der Nacht fehlt immer Licht

Am Tag gibt es kein Wasser und in der Nacht gibt es kein Licht (most usual)

→ 3. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) nicht zu erwähnen" (not to mention).

Die Goldpreise fallen, um nicht zu erwähnen die anderen Aktien = The value of gold is falling, not to mention the (value of the) other stocks

Das Auto ist kaputt, um nicht zu erwähnen alt = The car is broken, not to mention (it's) old (too)

Das Buch ist gut, um nicht zu erwähnen spannend = The book is good, not to mention fascinating

→ 4. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) zu erwähnen" (to mention).

Ich erzähle das, um zu erwähnen, dass ich in Australien gewesen bin = I tell you this story in order to mention I've been in Australia

Der Autor erzählt das, um seine Kindheit zu erwähnen = The author is telling this story in order to mention his childhood

Sie sagt das, um zu erwähnen, dass sie geheiratet hat = She only tells this for mentioning that she married

→ 5. Write to me three German sentences, with the English translations, using the verb “um (etw) mal außen vor zu lassen. > very specific only nothern part of Germany

Der Autor hat das geschrieben, um seine Kindheit mal außen vor zu lassen = The author wrote this for ignoring his childhood

Lass das mal außen vor = Ignore this for a while

Dass ich in Austrailien gewesen bin, will ich mal außen vor lassen, aber ... = I will ignor the fact I've been in Australia, but ...

→ 6. Does the expression “bis damals” exist? > YES

Is this expression used a lot? > every time when necessary

Write to me three German sentences with the English and Spanish translations.

Bis damals wusste ich das nicht = Hasta ese momento no lo había sabido = Until that moment I didn't know it

see here: http://www.linguee.de/deutsch-englisch/uebersetzun...

there are better translations than I can do

------------------

to fight with punches, kicks = sich prügeln, kämpfen, raufen

to fight with words = streiten

Source(s): soy bilingüe
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.