How do I start my career as a Financial Advisor /Financial Analysts?

I recently graduated as a Quantitative Economics major from the University of California- Irvine. I am highly interested in helping individuals meet their financial goals. I'm not sure what the best way to get in the industry is. I do not have any experience, but I'm willing to put in time to get experience even if I do not get paid for it through an internship. What internships, companies, investment firms should I consider? What are possible routes to get in the industry?

I have recently been offered a position as a personal advising/management trainee position for a company called Independent Capital Management, ICM of Sagepoint Financial Inc. They want to charge me 700 for my series 7, 63 and insurance licenses, and want me to go through training without paying me, which should take roughly a month. Also, once hired it is 100% commission based, with an option for a draw package at the beginning. This all sounds very fishy to me, can anybody confirm or deny my suspicions being valid as opposed to having to pay my dues to break into the industry?

Thank You In Advance

Favorite Answer

Apply to the companies you want to work for and they will train you to get to where you want to be, or go to a financial training school. check out this valuable job web :http://collegegradshelpwanted.jobamatic.com/a/jobs...

you desire extra training to do the two. Get a place with a longtime co. to lean what you may do. a number of your questions are no longer suggesting which you're keen to artwork difficult. In any business enterprise u could provide it your all. Questions #3,6,7 are exhibiting me you're no longer dedicated to working in any occupation.