Do you have to wear a helmet in California?

Well Im going to CA and will be renting a bike not a motorized bike and was wondering if I have to because helmets are gay and Im not going to wear one

Nope helmets are gay and only babies make people wear them

they are gay and for fags

still gay!!

• Ranger
    Favorite Answer

A helmet is required only if your bicycle has a motor on it, if it does not have an electric or gas motor, no helmet is required.

California Vehicle Code, Division 12, Chapter 5, Article 7, Section 27803.

"(a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle. "(b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a). "(c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a). "(d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways. "(e) For the purposes of this section, 'wear a safety helmet' or 'wearing a safety helmet' means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 (see :Standards" below) on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement. "(f) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle."

• ?

Helmets aren't "gay" any more than having to wear any clothes at all in public. I do agree on one point: over 18 should be able to make their own decisions. I write my congresspeople, though, rather than call legislators names--light that single candle, as the Chinese say.

I'm too old to care what anyone says or thinks, it's not Their noggin, it's Mine. And, I choose to. I also have had three friends seriously hurt in bicycle accidents; one died; one is still paralyzed. None wore helmets.

Source(s): Riding bikes 6 years; three good friends hurt.

Helmets are NOT gay, people wear them on motorcycles because of the law and on bicycles for safety.

• Flower

It is not a law that you must wear a helmet when you rent a bicycle but if it is a motorcycle you are required to wear one.

Its more gay to have your brains laying all over the street.

• John S

I'd give you the right answer if it were not for your stupid, homophobic comments.

Source(s): 35+ years as a criminal defense attorney