Newborn baby bird thrown out of nest by sibling or mother?

we have a birds nest outside the front of our house and we enjoy watching the baby birds. 2 weeks ago there were 3 eggs in the nest and recently they hatched maybe about a week ago. We came home today to find one of the baby birds on the ground. I did some research and found that sometimes the mother will throw... show more we have a birds nest outside the front of our house and we enjoy watching the baby birds. 2 weeks ago there were 3 eggs in the nest and recently they hatched maybe about a week ago. We came home today to find one of the baby birds on the ground. I did some research and found that sometimes the mother will throw the baby out of the nest if it's defective or the siblings will push them out to get more food. What should I do in this case put it back in the nest? It's really a NEWBORN!!! and it's struggling and punishing. I think I will put on gloves and put it back in the nest but if someone can give me an idea what to do I would appreciate it.
Update: I put it back for now we will see what happens if it gets thrown out again. I hope someone can give me a good answer just in case it gets thrown out again I will know what to do.