Sims 2 not responding "Application crashed, game will now terminate'?

I know a lot of people will say "get rid of custom content and cache files" or whatever they're called. But I have no custom content as it's never been able to work on my game and I delete the cache file all the time and it re-appears so i re-delete it. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall and that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know my problem or to link me to a forum or something that can help?

Much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

A crash or lockup at the loading screen can be caused by a number of conflicts, namely conflicts with programs running in the background, the video and sound card drivers installed, or a corruption in the game files.

Verify that you meet the system requirements as listed on the bottom of the box.

End background tasks to prevent program conflicts and free up resources for the game.

If this does not resolve the issue, update your video and sound card drivers.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, you will need to completely remove The Sims 2 from the system and then reinstall in order to remove all corrupt game files. The manual uninstall process includes backing up the registry, removing the game's registry keys, deleting the game folders, and permanently deleting the folders prior to reinstalling the game. This is a long set of steps, but it is important to follow them exactly, or the game will not be properly uninstalled.

Click on the Start button.

Click on Run.

Type regedit into the text field and then click OK.

Next, you will have to get to the menu for backing up the registry.

For Windows 2000/XP, click on File at the top of the window, and then click Export.

For Windows 98/ME, click on Registry at the top of the window, and then click Export Registry File.

Select All as the Export Range.

Name the backup file and choose a location to save it.

The Desktop is recommended as it is an easy to find location.

Click Save and a backup of the registry will be saved to the chosen location.

If you need to restore this data for any reason, just double-click on the file.

Once you are back at the Registry Editor window, focus only on the left pane of the window. This is the pane that we will be working in.

Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Click on the plus sign next to SOFTWARE.

Click on the plus sign next to EA GAMES.

Right-click on the folder named The Sims 2 and choose Delete.

Click on the plus sign next to Microsoft.

Click on the plus sign next to Windows.

Click on the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.

Click on the plus sign next to Uninstall.

Right-click on any of the following folders that you find and choose Delete to remove them.

{40C03514-89C3-41BA-0090-3B440256DB87} - for the DVD version.

{8AB8D458-939E-403F-0097-9BA1C1F013D5} - for the CD version.

{6E7DD182-9FC6-4651-0095-2E666CC6AF35} - for the UK/European edition.

Close the window.

Click on the Start button.

Click on Run.

Type C:\Program Files\EA GAMES into the text box and click OK.

Right-click on The Sims 2 folder and choose Delete.

Close the window.

Open the My Documents folder.

Open the EA Games folder.

Close the window.

Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Empty.

The game is now completely removed from your system. You may now reinstall.

Here is the link of the resolved problem: http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread....

Source(s): Experience
  • levar

I had this good comparable project. i do no longer think of it has something to do with your workstation, or your custom content fabric. The humorous element is, my laptop runs on abode windows Vista too. I have been given instructed that Vista stories various of issues and due to this my Sims 2 interest saved stuffing up. the only element you're able to do to get it working good is to uninstall all your sims 2 video games and then reinstall them onto your workstation. that's what I did, and afterwards it labored completely, and hasn't crammed up on condition that. in case you do no longer desire to lose your families and progression you have made, save it onto a disk and reload it back on as quickly as you have reinstalled Sims 2. solid success =) wish it truly works for you like it did for me. in case you need to any extent further questions, merely e mail me. i'm going to be chuffed to help. =)