Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 8 years ago

HOW CAN I CLEAR THE UNSOLICITED MAIL THAT ATTACHES ITSELF TO MY OUTGOING MAILS AND SENDS OUT MAIL S IN ANOTHE?

Below is the message being attached to my out going mails and the reciepent will find a name :Ann beverly attached as the sender from my mail account.

Please help me stop this

Attention Dear:

I am Sergeant Paul Williams (3RD INFANTRY DIVISION) I am an American soldier with British background, serving in the military with the army’s 3rd infantry division. With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you. I found your contact particulars in an address journal of a career builders database. I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of $10m (Ten Million US Dollars) to you, as far involved.

My partner and I need a good and reliable person, we can trust to actualize this dream. The money is from oil production and its legit. We intend moving it by diplomatic means to you or to a safe and secured location of your choice.

Once the funds get to you, please take your 30% out and keep our own 70%. I shall however leave out other details of this transaction until I receive an affirmation of your desire to participate. Please contact me back if you are interested for more details. Also visit http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Yours truly

Sgt. P. Williams.

• JOHN G
    Best Answer

First get FREE malware, go to Malwarebytes or Spybot search & destroy and load their free spyware programs and run them ASAP, your pc is obviously infected, you can't run any pc these days without good virus protection, there are many good free program you can install.

• Lyn G

Sounds like your E-mail account has been compromised, Ebele, or you picked up a virus.

Immediately have your computer checked for a 'bug' or 'bugs.' If you have the proper programs, do the scans yourself, if not you need to take your computer to some one who can.

Once it is clean of pests, install a firewall and an anti-virus program if you do not have one yet.

I strongly recommend a program for malware and adware also.

After you finish this, then go in and change your password, using a good strong one.

Also, check your account information and make sure no information was changed, if it was change it back immediately.

If the name you want to change is included in your account ID, you cannot change it.

You will have to cancel the account and open a new one with the new information and password.

If not, you can go to top right corner of screen, look for then click on "Options."

Options / mail options

Click on 'account information' in list at left of screen; you will be asked for your password.

Click on 'Edit profile details' under Profile Information, and change any information you wish there.

If you wish to change the name showing in your 'From" line on out-going mail. In the upper right corner of screen look for, then click on 'Options.'

Options/ mail options

Click on 'Accounts' in the list to the left,

then click on your account(Yahoo! Mail)

you can change your name in the 'from' line under 'Sending Mail'

When done click on the 'save changes' link at top left of screen.

Then, you will have to inform your contacts that it was not you sending that mail, but they need to check their computers in case they were also infected.