Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Can turtles eat lettuce ? or what else do they eat ?

I have a little turtle..and i wanna know. Can you please suggest me types of food they eat.

• sammi
    Favorite Answer

Hi!

You don't mention what breed it is, but for most turtles, pellets should make up 25% of the diet. The rest should come from things like blood worms, dried shrimp etc.

They will only eat vegetation when they are older. Dandelion leaves and kale are especially good for them.

Hope that helps!

Source(s): Have 2 turtles

I hear they'll eat a varaiaty of veggies. Colliard greens is one. Lettuce too. I feed my baby the bag they gave me- which seems to be just fish food.

They also sell turtle food at the store too. If he's tiny make sure you get him tiny sizes so he can bite them.

Totally depends on the species of turtle you're talking about. Some turtles are primarily carnivorous when they are young, others are plant-eaters their whole lives.

Can you clarify what species it is or post a picture?

Source(s): 2+ years working at a pet store experience Lots of books Talking to reptile experts
  • oikoσ

Head lettuce, never. Leaf lettuce and other dark green leafy vegetables, only when adult. Feed it earthworms and liver dusted in bone meal. When it is larger, you can add bait fishes.