Bill Bob asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Why did the Patriots get Albert Haynesworth?

All he did was complain about playing the 3-4 in Washington. Maybe Belichick can straighten him out.

Big Boss- If this works out, then our D line is pretty set. They have to adress the need at OLB now.

Favorite Answer

Being a Patriots fan I was surprised to hear this. I never liked Haynesworth, as he clearly has some problems. And not that you shouldn't like someone for having problems (we all do) but he doesn't control them.

On one hand, I know this guy's bizzare pure athleticism and speed for his size, along with his football IQ. Though, his IQ doesn't seem to be very high. I hope Belichick sits him down and tells him "I can get you out of here quicker than I got you in. Do what you are capable of doing and nothing else."

On the other, I know what this guy does when he doesn't get his way. I was watching that Titan Cowboy game and instantly saw what he had done and thought "Is he going to get away with that!?" And that Jet fan posted the hilarious video of him just laying down. If he does any of that sort of thing, make no mistake - NE fans will tear him apart.

If Belichick can't straighten him out, then he doesn't have a place in the NFL.

I know one thing, I'll be watching him on every defensive play.

Belichick will be able to straighten him out.

Plus he's playing for the Patriots a team with a real shot at the Super Bowl, also in Washington Fat Al was a nose tackle in New England he'll be playing DE with Wilfork at NT, better for Albert who likes to get after the QB. Better team situation better plyer situation. Plus NE got him for a 5th round pick and i'm sure they will restructure his contract.

The main reason the Pats got him is that the Skins unloaded him for nothing. It's hard to find quality players at DT and Haynesworth, when motivated, is a force. He can help lighten the load for Vince Wilfork.

Belichick is a good coach

Haynesworth when playing to his potential is great

Patriots d line need improvement

Its a no risk high reward deal, if he gets cut then I can live without our 5th round pick in 2013. If it does work out then its a complete steal.

History tells he will be amazing for one year, that's what happened with other troublemakers they got like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

• There has been a surplus of food for many years in the boston area, they needed his help.

They got him for his explosive play ability. Like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40

Youtube thumbnail

Because he is fat and has a stinky buthole.