How to appeal adoption decision?

a friend of mine has just been through a long 18 month court battle over the adoption of their children. The 2 eldest children were taken into the care of social services 18 months ago and my friend found out she was pregnant with her third just after. 4 months after the children were taken it went to court for the... show more a friend of mine has just been through a long 18 month court battle over the adoption of their children. The 2 eldest children were taken into the care of social services 18 months ago and my friend found out she was pregnant with her third just after. 4 months after the children were taken it went to court for the first time, they dragged it out for 18 months so that she could give birth and be placed in a mother and baby foster placement so they could asses her. Most mother and baby placements last for 3 months, how-ever she was there for 7 1/2 months. Ending in the youngest child being taken into social services care in June.
Her ex-partner and the father of the children was doing a Integrated Domestic Abuse Programme which lasted 9 months, and he passed that in April. The eldest children were originally taken into care for emotional neglect and neglect of the property. They have addressed the issues in their lives which were causing the domestic violence, and have re-done their entire house ready for when the children would be returned into their care. Through out the court proceedings which ended last week Friday 22nd July, they have done everything that has been asked of them to ensure their children would be able to come home, and yet the court has decided they will not and will ultimately be adopted. There are some issues with the information that the local authority and social workers have given to the courts, problems with dates that things occurred and 1 particular worker signing paperwork when she wasn't even involved with case at that time. The 2 older children are 4 and 3, and have had a dramatic change in behaviour since being in normal foster care, so the parents have now been told that they are potentially 'un - adoptable' whereas the youngest child at 9 months is up for adoption now.
My question is, although the parents openly admit they have done wrong in the past with raising their children, is there ANYTHING they can do to contest this decision made by the courts before anything regarding the adoptions is official. None of the children have been officially 'adopted' as of yet, but as they are looking for adoptive parents for the youngest child they need to find out if there is any help available to them before it is too late.

I appreciate that people may have mixed opinions on this topic as do i, but please could you not post any negative answers or responses.
Thank you
Update: the case was heard in Brighton Magistrates Court
(South East England)
9 answers 9