Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

can someone to proof read this?

It is an admisions paper into the teaching program in my school i did not get in the first time.

believes it is important to encourage their future teachers to understand critical thinking and problem solving. As a future teacher, I believe that when studying a problem or a certain topic it is important to begin with an open mind on the subject matter. In a classroom it is important to have a learning environment that creates a learning experience for students to promote their open minds, to promote critical thinking. When approaching a problem in the classroom students will been couraged to not memorize the material they learn by find the logic behind the answer. It isimportant for students to not only know the facts of what their learning but the importance.

In my experience as a citizen, a student, and as a future teacher I have been faced with

critical thinking and problem solving in my life. Making decisions and developing a method to

back up your decision is a way of critically thinking about the decision and solving the problem

with reasoning. For example, I use to live on campus at Montclair, now I am a commuter.

Making a decision to no longer live on campus and commute an hour to school was difficult.

decided to make a list of pros and cons to decide what would be the best plan for me. Realizing

my school work could be affected if I lived at school and other cons help me make my decision.

As a citizen for example I made a decision to volunteer to coach my town's Pop Warner

cheerleading team. I decided it was more beneficial for me to coach because I was

volunteering and was helping others in my community while doing something I love. I also

believed that having coaching skills can provide you with skills you will use in the classroom.

When you are a coach you are faced with experiences that may conflict with your belief

of students being able to critically think and problem solve effectively. In one experience I had

as a coach, sometimes you have to make decisions for children instead of letting them work

though their problems themselves. I was faced with a problem of a stunt group that was not

working. Although if I gave the girls time to figure out what was wrong they might of tried

switching spots of telling each other what they might be able to try differently. I had to step in

as a coach and tell them what was wrong and how to fix it. As a future teacher my instincts

told me to let them think and solve it on their own but as a coach sometimes you do not have

the time for it.

Looking at this standard of "understanding critical thinking and problem solving, and

creating a learning experience that promotes the development of students' critical thinking and

problem solving skills and dispositions," I wonder how to develop this standard to be effective

in my classroom. First, as a teacher I would always challenge my students to think with an open

mind. One effective way of encouraging students to think critically is to ask students questions

that may have more than one answer. I believe this gives the students encouragement to not

feel threatened by giving the wrong answer. Asking students to compare what they are hearing

to their everyday life or asking them for a prediction during Language Arts will help them think

and have no wrong answer. Another way that I would encourage critical thinking in my

classroom would be by having the children work in small groups. Working in groups will give

the students opportunity to listen to what their peers are thinking. Students will be able to say

they agree or disagree with what their peer contributes with.

From my personal experience one thing I will not do as a teacher is make a student

afraid to answer a question. I know when I was younger I had a teacher that embarrassed me

in front of my entire class by showing my essay that had red marks all over it. For the rest of

the year, I sat at my desk and never raised my hand or ask any questions because the teacher

made me feel threatened. In my classroom I want to make all my students feel comfortable

and feel safe when raising their hands. One experience I would encourage in my classroom

from when I was a student would be, when a student asks for help to ask the student questions

back. I will never give the answer away, instead I will encourage the student to think about it in

different ways.

After reviewing "Montclair's Portrait of a teacher," I realized there are many goals I plan

to set in my classroom to make my students the best students they can be. Critical thinking and

problem solving is very important to me as a future teacher and I commit to encouraging it

constantly. Having students think for themselves is essential to real life. Realizing from

personal experience of the critical thinking I have been faced with makes a person realize the

important of critical thinking. I will not promote memorization in my classroom bu

the students know why they are learning what they are learning more than just knowing

the facts. Encouraging critical thinking in the classroom will help a person feel they are morevalidated when understanding the world they live in.

Favorite Answer

I'll look over the first half. You tend to repeat yourself a lot and there are many problems with grammar and spelling.

This is an admissions paper to get into the teaching program I did not get into the first time.

I believe it is important to encourage future teachers to understand critical thinking and problem solving. As a future teacher, I believe that when studying a certain topic it is important to begin with an open mind on the subject matter. In a classroom it is important to have a learning environment where students can promote their open minds and critical thinking. When approaching a problem, students should be encouraged to not memorise material but to find the logic behind the answer. It is important for students to not only know the facts but the deeper meaning of what they're learning.

In my personal life experience, I have been faced with critical thinking and problem solving. Making decisions and developing a method to back up my decision is a way of critically thinking and solving the problem with reasoning. For example, I made a difficult decision to leave campus at Montclair and become a commuter. To aide this decision, I made a list of pros and cons of what would be the best plan for me. Realising my school work could be affected if I lived at school and other cons help me make this decision. As a citizen for example I made a decision to volunteer to coach my town's Pop Warner cheer leading team. I realised it was more beneficial for me to coach because I was volunteering and was helping others while doing something I love. I also believed that having coaching skills can provide the same skills I would use in the classroom. As a coach, I was faced with experiences that conflicted my belief that students should be able to critically think for themselves. In one experience as a coach, I was faced with a problem of a stunt group that was not working. Although if I gave the girls time to figure out what was wrong, they might have (might of?) tried switching spots on their own but I had to step in and tell them what how to fix it. My instincts told me to let them solve it on their own but as a coach I realised there was not time for it.

So that's some editing of the first half. My recommendation is to watch your repetition and try to brush up on your grammar. Also double check your writing before sending it in. Good luck.

• Froggy

I have to agree with GORT MONSTER, Christine - but I'm harsher, haha.

Your English needs to improve to become a teacher, as does your sentence structure and punctuation.

You need to go back and look at what you've written, then edit and edit again.

If you do that, then I'll certainly try to help, we need good teachers.

Source(s): Educator