Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do the YouTube channel types do and mean?

I just set up a YouTube account, and there are six types of channels. I was wondering what each does and means for my account.(You Tuber, director, musician, guru, comedian, and reporter). I know, I sound like a noob and this question was probably really dumb. I'm sorry, don't hate me for it. Thanks for you help.

Update:

What would director be used for?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The types are used to obviously describe the type of channel you will be making assuming your channel falls under one of those categories. Director would be used for someone who makes original videos that are like mini movies.

The titles mean nothing since they are self proclaimed and anyone can pick anything they want to be - it's not like YT assigns them or anything.

Source(s): ..
  • 10 years ago

Just puts you in a category based on what your YouTube videos you upload may be about if you even decide to post any. Just put youtuber... Should be good enough

• 10 years ago

it s a category for those who want to start a vlog (video blog ) .that s good to clarify in which category you want to upload video.if you are a musician or you want to sing songs choose Musician .

or if you are a simple user and want to upload various kind of videos so choose You tuber.

i hope this help you

have fun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.