The new mail is ugly and confusing. How do I get my classic yahoo mail back?

I don't need news on my email page, nor do I want ads, JUST MAIL! I want mail classic back like I've used for the past 11 years. Why is yahoo treating us like red headed step children?

Favorite Answer

You can return to the classic mail if you like where there are very few problems Read below

As of May 31st, you can no longer switch, Yahoo has removed the links to return to the classic. But some users said that when they lowered their screen resolution to it's lowest, a message popped up asking if they wanted to switch to the classic mail. Click Yes. Then restart the computer. You may need to sign out and back in also. On your control panel, double click Personalization, then click Display Settings. Make sure you restart the computer. You can give that a try. You can reset the resolution after.

If your previous version was the New Mail, then that is what is now the new Yahoo Mail and you can't get it back.

Some are telling us to turn off Javascript then it will switch back. But it goes right back to the new mail the next time. So that is only temporary.

There is no link to go back that is what yahoo has failed to let users know.But there are two ways to go back that I know of see below to see what I did and it did work.

There are large numbers of users on here with similar issues.Two ways to back to the other mail that I know of.The new beta mail they say it's 2X faster it's really 10X slower I had it I lost more than half my mail folders.I did a live chat session w/Yahoo told them if I can't go back I will leave yahoo they switched back.Two ways to switch back you can go & do a like chat session with a Yahoo customer service rep/agent like I did.To do this go here.Click on the link below to do your live chat.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/cl… Direct link to chat w/yahoo https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/63758332…

And the other way is if you reduce your screen down just not sure how far down.But if you reduce it down far enough you will see an option to switch back.This will not switch you back to the all new mail it will switch you back to the Yahoo classic mail.Or you can just try emailing Yahoo with your issues that will take some time 3-4 days if your lucky.

JTSYS

IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS VERSION OF YAHOO! MAIL...

To go back to YAHOO! MAIL CLASSIC...

Turn off Javascript - you'll then be asked if you want to return to Mail Classic, click "yes".

If you don't know how to turn off Javascript...

For SAFARI: Open SETTINGS>click PREFERENCES>>click SECURITY>>Uncheck ENABLE JAVA and ENABLE JAVASCRIPT

IMPORTANT:Remember to RE-ENABLE JAVA and JAVASCRIPTING back ON when you are back in Mail Classic because without it some mail functions won't work.

For IE: Open TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS >> SECURITY. In security click "CUSTOM LEVEL" -> disable active scripting in the scripting section.

IMPORTANT:Remember to turn JAVASCRIPTING back ON when you are back in Mail Classic because without it some mail functions won't work.

For FIREFOX: Open TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> CONTENT, click on "DISABLE JAVASCRIPT". Now hit F5 to refresh the page while you are in Yahoo! email in order to switch back... In the options, click (PERMANENT) to switch back to YAHOO! Classic. DO NOT click the "ONE TIME ONLY" option.

IMPORTANT: Turn JAVASCRIPT back ON once you have your "CLASSIC" account back.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE IF THIS SOLUTION WORKS BY CLICKING BEST ANSWER..THANKS