Is a white dress with black flowers printed on it ok to wear to a wedding?

Im not sure about the formality of the event but the bride and groom are my age (22). The marriage ceremony is in a church followed by an 'evening celebration' (as stated on the card).

Is a white dress with black flowers printed on it ok to wear to a summer wedding? or is it too dull? It goes past my knees in length so its not to revealing. And I am wearing these shoes with it: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/vamp-bow-...

thanks for any help!

Favorite Answer

I would hate for someone to wear a white dress at my wedding next year

even with the black print!

I was watching ''4 Weddings'' (the Competition show) today and someone went to one of the ladies weddings in this.. http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/john-za...

In any other colour would of been fine! But NOT white!

The shoes are really nice!!

Why not try something like this..

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/little-...

Or if you could find a link of the white dress you wanted to wear then we could help you find a dress with same sort of style but different colour

• P

The dress is beautiful! Yes, you can wear it to a wedding. I wouldn't worry about over powering the bride either. You're dress has black flowers in it. It's will be fine to wear to a summer wedding. Someone in my family once wore white to a wedding and she looked beautiful. She didn't over power the bride either. The bride never complained about her dress. Your dress sounds so cute and I would wear it to a summer wedding regardless of what others might tell you. Having a little bit of white in your dress isn't going to matter.

There are many brides who care too much about what others wear to their wedding. I honestly don't care because I'm someone who doesn't like judging others. When I get married next year and one of my family members decides to wear white, I won't worry about. The fact that they came to the wedding to support my fiance and I is the best gift I could ever receive. Too me, it's no big deal. Brides, need to learn to just let it go. It's so selfish to think that brides are so worried about how their guest will dress. Men, where white dress shirts to weddings and yet no one complains about that at all.

Source(s): Getting married in 10 months. :)

Ask the Bride and Groom. Only they will know. I knew someone who wore a completely white dress and she was a guest. Just have to ask

I can't say if it's too white without seeing it, but use your judgement. I've worn a white and black floral print dress to many weddings and it was perfectly appropriate, being more than 50% black.

i wouldnt wear white at a wedding, everyone knows only the bride wears white. get a nice cream , pink , lilac dress instead.

Well, as long as you dont try to be more pretty than the bride I guess it's okay :)