Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 10 years ago

Where can I buy Amazon gift cards in Canada?

Which canada stores can I buy Amazon gift cards? I live in Montreal, Quebec if that helps...

I mean stores -__-

Favorite Answer

I wish I could help you, man. Online, amazon.com has a whole list of stores where you can buy gift cards. I couldn't find the same info. here. And, for the life of me, I can't recall seeing amazon cards with all the big card displays at grocery stores, Shoppers, etc., for iTunes gift cards, Best Buy, Futureshop, different restaurants, etc.

EDITED TO ADD: you CAN buy online amazon.ca gift certificates, which are simply emailed to the recipient. They usually arrive within a few hours (although i have read complaints about delays). I've sent MANY online amazon.ca gift certificates without a single problem. However, they can only be used for online purchases. As such, you should make it no less than $50, or the shipping fees will take up most of the amount.

That said, I don't use those online gift cards as much as I use MasterCard gift cards, now. That way, the recipient can use them however he/she likes, at whatever stores, even online. There is an activation fee (about 10%...so that's painful). And they do start applying fees to unused amounts (so instruct the recipient to use it as soon as possible, and not save it for a rainy day, as the value may be reduced significantly, over time). But when you don't know what the person would like, and since you can't mail cash, MasterCard gift cards are an option. (I specify MasterCard because the Visa one has a lot more fees associated with it.)

• Jeff H

Well, if you are referring to Amazon.ca then you can purchase a gift certificate from their site, as far as I know there are no stores that sell them directly to you. If you are referring to the American parent, Amazon.com, then you have the option of purchasing them online and they will email the gift card number to you or travelling across the line. Several stores such as CVS, Riteaid, etc. have handled them, at least in the past. Note however that Amazon.com does, as far as I have heard, not ship to Canada ( a pain since they often have items not available in Canada) so unless you are purchasing books for a Kindle from them this is not a good option. Books, records, DVD's etc must be purchased from Amazon.ca so in this case you would purchase a gift certificate from their website.

• ?

Ebay

I bought one at a Pioneer gas station just now.

From the Amazon website you idiot

you can get them at safeway or seven eleven.

Source(s): Work experience