my husband is trying to expunged or seal his record in illinois for domectic violence he plead guilty can he?

it is a misdemeanor and the only problem is he plead guilty this happen ten years ago in the state of illinois

Favorite Answer

he is going to have to hire an attorney and go in front of a judge to prove that he is a productive, stable member of society. it will be solely up to the judge. now-if he's just worried about it showing up on a criminal background check, most companies don't go back further than 10 years. if he's never had any other problems with domestic violence--he should be ok, it all kind of depends on what the charge included. if it was something extremely violent and he didn't do any time or any counseling, they may choose to not expunge his record.

Yes

• mirack

i does no longer run to the prosecutor's workplace and admit you lied below oath?they are in a position to document expenditures on you. Your husband can document an attraction yet my information that is not basic to get a clean trial. if that they had info besides your testimony i could say that's a 0 danger. no count what he's no longer probably to get one. whether he's a superb guy with a topic,you probably did the excellent suited element so provide up feeling accountable. I signed a assertion against my neighbor who broke into my residing house and stole my son's band tool. His babies and his father hate me now because of the fact he's in penitentiary. It wasn't his first offense.

Yes he can try

Source(s): The goverment

Yes he can try.

if he was over 18, theres not much he can do if he was convicted. and you should go here: http://www.thehotline.org/

Source(s): pre law student

Go to WWW.Illions .Gov..there a section on this ..you should read ...