Pls help me on this essay question!?

Compare and contrast the various forms of economic imperialism, political influence, and/or colonialism in Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Indonesia, India, China, and Japan. It is for my World Civilization class since 1600 if that helps :) I do not really understand what all of that means. I am not good at history :b

Favorite Answer

Brazil - was a colony of Portugal (object of colonialism) and after it got its independence it became an object of economic imperialism of the USA and European powers.

Argentina - is very similar to Brazil (object of Spanish colonialism) later object of American and European economic imperialism.

Venezuela - exactly the same as Argentina

Indonesia - was a colony of Netherlands (object of colonialism). After the independence it became a regional power itself trying to extend its control beyond its borders (East Timor)

India - was a British colony (object of colonialism). After the independence initiated its own political block (Non-aligned Movement) together with Indonesia and other countries to oppose western political and economical influence.

China - was a target of colonization attempts by European powers and Japan which finally failed. After 1949 a world power. Spread its political influence to other countries such as North Korea, Albania. Lately shifted to economic imperialism instead of political one - similar to Japan.

Japan - was a colonial power (subject of colonialism). After being defeated in the World War II Japan lost its colonial empire and shifted to economic expansion. It was quite successful in it until lately when its economy became stagnant.

• Sandra

a persuasive essay can be about anything you feel strongly about with which you can also come up with a good argument for others to agree with you on the subject (Subjects like Abortion, Presidential Elections, A Teacher's Grading Policy, A Rule You Would Like Your Parents To Change, etc.). Just pick a subject along those lines.... As for writing an essay, you need a thesis. A thesis is what defines your essay, it tells the reader what you're are going to talk about. Here's an example of a thesis for a paper about a rule you want your parents to change, like letting you watch more t.v. or something: You should let me watch 3 hours of television per night instead of 2 because I'm often caught up with my homework, i enjoy watching educational television, and peace between my brother and I may subside because I would be occupied more often. Okay. Whatever! So that sets up a basic 5 paragraph essay: 1. Introduction/Thesis 2."I'm often caught up with my homework." 3."I enjoy watching educational television." 4. "Peace between my brother and I would subside because I would be occupied more often." 5. Conclusion/Restate Thesis This is a format you will have to use for the rest of your life (although you may switch it up a bit. DO NOT!!! I REPEAT DO NOT sound whiney in your persuasive essay, because that will make no one want to listen to you. Use Logos, Pathos, and Ethos. Logos= Logic. Pathos= Emotion. Ethos= ethics. (I think that's right). You must use all three in a perfect combination to win over the person you're talking to. Sound smart, and organize your arguments and ideas into paragraphs that make your arguments the strongest. It's confusing, i know, but you must get used to it. I didn't learn about this until 9th grade, but since then i've written TONS of these kinds of essays. the best of luck to you. sorry if i was a bit wordy... Hope This Helps!