What do you know of Fidelity Investments?

I just want to know if anyone uses them and do you like it? Have you had any problems? Can you use them soley as a checking account? How does the investment account work opposed to the mycash account? Is anyone familiar with this company?

Favorite Answer

Fidelity is a very large diversified firm that enjoys a very good well earned reputation.

It is one of the largest mutual fund companies in the world. It provides a large array of products that meet all investors needs.

The company has a large investment advisory and product service that it provides to many corporations and other institutional investors

The company also provides the investing public with a full service brokerage operations all investing products that is required for an average or professional investor.

It also provides a full on-line trading/investor services for those that select to do their own investing/trading.

The company also provides access to investment research not only their proprietary research but also access to other providers.

The company has been updating its trading/investing platform for their clients. The platform is well suited for the investing public.

The company also provides full clearing services for other broker/dealers, not only on a fully disclosed basis but also for omnibus operations.

If you are an investor, Fidelity is one of the better firms to use to handle you activity. Their commission schedule is, like all other firms, based on the value of the account or the volume of activity processed in the account.

If you are going to be an investor that is looking for a premier company to use to meet your investing needs, Fidelity would be at the top of your list. If you are a trader, you should consider another firm

Source(s): from the street

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): fidelity investments: https://shortly.im/zU9aH
  • M

Fidelity provides a wide range of investment services.

They offer a huge number of mutual funds, they administer 401k plans, they provide an online brokerage platform, their brokerage accounts can include checking and savings, they do all sorts of things.

I personally think its best to having a checking account with a bank, and an investment account with a brokerage firm (like fidelity). Fidelity's checking will be difficult because they don't have very many physical locations. All of your deposits and withdrawals would have to go through the mail. It's just a pain.

The checking is really just there for people who have a brokerage account and want to make frequent withdrawals to purchase things. Again, I would personally keep these two things separate.

Fidelity is a well-known mutual fund company and brokerage firm. Use them primarily for savings and investments.

• JoeyV

From Wiki:

"FMR serves more than 20 million investors through individual and institutional accounts, with more than 500 different funds, and is the one of the largest US mutual fund companies with nearly $3.3 trillion in assets under administration and $1.5 trillion of assets under management as of September 30, 2010. Fidelity Investment Managers managed over $230 billion of international assets as of September 30, 2010."

It's a massive company with fine products and fine customer service. I like Vanguard better, but reasonable people can disagree.

• James

Their customer service used to be terrible. When I got laid off in 1998, I literally got five different explanations from them on how to move my 401(k) from my former company to an existing IRA at Charles Schwab. I called, was told to do A. When I did A, I was told that I had to do B. This went on until, finally action E worked. They seem to have gotten better since then, but, like one other responder, I much prefer Vanguard. I also much prefer Charles Schwab.

How can you cash in on the potential growth that penny stocks have to offer? Learn here https://tr.im/pennystocks

There are three things you'll want to look for when picking a penny stock to make sure that you don't get penny stuck: Underlying business, financials, and footnotes.

When it comes to penny stocks, a company's underlying business is even more important than it is in exchange-traded stocks. That's because the penny stock world is home to "shell" companies that are legally incorporated, but don't have any business operations

Fidelity is very large company for investment but as per my opinion it is not good for service.

Doesn't sound like Joey knows anything about them.

I don't know much myself but I have worked with some traders who say it's a terrible platform for options trading. The commissions are more expensive than some other platforms and it doesn't help you out much with analytics.

Source(s): Investing since 1987