promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is executive order 11110 and what does it have to do with silver?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

One thing the Kennedys definitely understood was banking. Joe Kennedy was a bank President at the age of 26.

That Exec Order 11110 would have forced the Federal Reserve to have a balanced yearly budget, and basically outlawed their issuing the United States currency to be paid back at interest.

So all in all, it would have put the Fed out of business.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

EO 11110 simply passed the President's authority to issue silver certificates to the Secretary of the Treasury.

It did not create any new silver certificates, nor did it in any way limit the power or responsibility of the Federal Reserve.

In fact the purpose of EO 11110 was quite the opposite.

The Silver Purchase Act of 1934 already gave this ability to the Treasury Secretary. But as the price of silver grew, Congress and Kennedy decided to phase out silver certificates. So the Silver Purchase Act was repealed and the Fed was permitted to issue small currency notes to replace silver coins and silver certificates. But with the repeal of the Silver Purchase Act, now only the President could issue the silver certificates, so EO 11110 merely returned that authority to Treasury as it had been previously, but with the stated intention of phasing out silver certificates.

The conspiracy buffs who claim EO11110 in some way reduced the responsibility of the Fed, actually have the whole thing backwards.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/weberman/jfk.htm

• 9 years ago

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Bank (Federal Reserve) of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest.

• 9 years ago

It reissued the Silver Certificates. AND it gave the Treasury Department back the power of issuing currency, so, in fact, it did take the power away from the Banking Cartel and gave it back to the treasury department. Why on earth do we want a privately owned Bank of internationl Bankers to have control of our money? Oh, yeah, I forgot, so they can take 16 trillion to cover the a** of those banks that were too big to Fail..Yeah thats it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

http://www.bing.com/search?q=executive+order+11110...

maybe these will assist you in finding the answer you are looking for....however it is very old news...one must learn from the past in order to prevent from repeating the mistakes made in the past....

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think that's the one that turns the clones against the Jedi.

• 9 years ago

did not JFK sign it to end the federal reserve.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

omg....I am loaded with silver.....Stop scaring me.

• 9 years ago

I don't know...or care.

Source(s): obviously
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.