Why is there so much hate against Roman Catholics?

Why can't we Christians just stand for unity!

Statistic: More Protestants believe Roman Catholics will go to Hell, then Roman Catholics think Protestants.

Tell me what you think...

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Catholics never tell non-Catholic's what they believe but instead accept their statements. Unlike the Catholic faith, there is usually no source to verify their beliefs as it is with Catholics where one can go to the Catechism and see exactly what Catholics believe. In this age of instant information there is no excuse when one lies against the Church and the faithful. Such actions must, using reason, be intentional lies. Their spirit of contention tells them they must find fault in Christ’s Church, even if fault is created in their own imagination, otherwise it becomes apparent that the only Church that Christ created is the true Church. If one did not surrender to these facts then they would not be in God’s will and obedient to the one true God. As thousands of people will attest who have come home to His Church is that, what they hated and spoke out against is not at all the Catholic Church but an enemy of their own creation.

The question is asked, “do Protestants actually look up to their pastors like we Catholics do to our priests?” This is a good question and it points out a key difference in the leadership of the Protestant churches in contrast to Catholic Churches. Many times in Protestant churches there is no oversight. This allows for all kinds of false teaching and apostasy. Any minister can teach whatever he desires. Many times the pastors of these churches have no training at all in biblical understanding and use a proof text methodology in presenting their doctrines to their congregations is common causing heretical errors. Only the congregation has any semblance to oversight but most often they put blind faith in their pastors, putting them on pedestals as representing a man of God. The congregations imagine their pastors to be free of sin and the example of righteousness. Since it is a man-made church from where else can that veracity and righteousness come? When they teach that the Catholic Church is evil there is no where else for these congregants to appeal to truth as their trust is in their pastor.

Catholics see our priests and bishops differently. The Church teaches that the priest is a servant of the people and that the bishop is the shepherd leading and delivering the spiritual needs to the flock through the Sacraments. The priest reminds the congregation of our lack of righteousness as a person and child of God, confessing to our congregations that we are sinners in thought, word and deed. If there was any tendency of the congregation to believe that the priest is godlier or have less of a sinful nature this confession should remove all doubt. There is no pretense among priests to present one who is more righteous or less tempted by sin. If a Protestant pastor confessed his/her sins to the congregation as do priests they would probably be released from their position. The Catholic Church receives its righteousness from Christ and its veracity from His promises and not from the example of inherently sinful men. In the Church it is not necessary or even expected that the priest would be any different than anyone else in the tendency to be tempted into sin. For instance, the Sacraments are just as valid coming from a sinful priest as from a more godly priest because the holiness of the Sacraments are the result of Christ’s righteousness and not the priest as the priest acts “in person Christi” where righteousness can never be doubted.

I believe that because Protestant pastors are perceived as righteous, godly and holy men that there is a greater opportunity for false teaching leading to heresy and apostasy. The congregation is hungry for God’s Word and it is often being filtered through the sole interpretation of one man’s theology. Because of this is it no wonder that there are thousands of different schismatic sects within Protestantism each having their own truth as well as heresy. The only trust these congregants have is in their pastor and not in any Church founded by Christ containing His promises for veracity.

Christ says the following:

Upon this rock I will build my Church speaking to St. Peter.

Christ is the cornerstone and the 12 disciples are the foundation

He says that the Church will endure until the Parousia

He says that the Church will be free of apostasy

He says that He will be with His Church for all time and sends the Holy Spirit to guide the Church and by sharing His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity with His Church through His miracle of the Eucharist.

He says the His Church is the “bulwark and ground of the truth”.

Can any pastor make such promises when founding their church? Of course not, only Christ’s promises have veracity.

Catholics are not to love just those who love us but our enemies. We are called to pray for people who hate us. But, we are to pray that God’s will be done and that they come into full communion with His Church sharing the fullness of faith and truth that Catholics enjoy.

In Christ

Fr. Joseph

• 5 years ago

I recognize English is your moment language, however allow's make this transparent: one million) Pope Benedict XVI is now not giving communion in persons's arms even as they're status, however best kneeling as within the pre-Vatican II manner. So? He's additionally made the Tridentine Mass to be had to Catholics international. When I pass to that Mass I take communion on my knees straight on my tongue. two) You are announcing in 3 distinctive places the Eucharist has converted at the tongue of the receiver to exact flesh, and it has performed so DUE to the way in which they acquired communion? Are you asking does that point out that the pre-VII manner and -- it sounds as if Pope Benedict's manner -- of dispensing the presents is enjoyable to Jesus, therefor he's making miracles occur at the tongues of the receivers? three) Is your gripe approximately the way in which the Eucharist is sent submit-Vatican II within the status and hand industry? The Eucharistic Ministers? Is it real against the law? I do not consider so. I even have no longer heard the Pope make a right away order for ALL Catholic Churches international to quit dispensing communion the way in which they're presently doing it -- best maintain the ancient approaches within the ancient Tridentine Mass with the kneeling and receiving. Finally, do you've got a supply or hyperlink to any of this industry? All the miracles you stated occurred within the 60's and 70's in the ones places.

• 10 years ago

Just because the Roman Catholic faith teaches all that are not Roman Catholic will go to hell does not mean they "hate" non Roman Catholics.

Same thing about Protestants that believe to be saved you need to believe in Jesus as Savior and accept Him as the Master of your life for the rest of your life. These Protestants do not "hate" people that do not believe the same way. They just believe they will not go to heaven. Believing something about others does not mean they "hate" them.

• 10 years ago

Religion should never be the cause of hates in humanity.

On earth, mankind would be in no position to judge whether anyone or any other species is going to hell or not.

We are only capable in judging whether a person is good or bad or fair, not base on which religion he or she comes from.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Why is it that so many catholics state they are the only church and all the others are fake then?!

Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead, a better one. Johann wolfgang von Goethe

But sadly it is catholic attitudes that have caused Christianity to split into over 38,000 different denominations, sects and cults setting christian against christian and christians against everyone else!

God's work? Hardly!

It must be the Devil and the Antichrist working together to divide, conquer and destroy christianity from the inside!

• c c
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

IMHO: Many religions believe that Catholics feel we have to WORK to get to heaven and that we don't *really* believe in Jesus and that He died for our sins. And many of those Protestants think that the ONLY way to get to Heaven is through your belief in Jesus the Christ.

Catholics DO believe in Jesus and we DO believe He died for our sins. We just don't go around saying it. Instead, we ACT on it, we constantly have to SHOW our belief by trying to be as 'Christ-like' as possible.

As a Catholic, I do not believe ANY one will go to heaven. It is not my decision. It is God's and only He knows what is truly in the hearts of each and every person on earth.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"There are not more than 100 people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive to be the Catholic Church. ....As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do."

-----Archbishop Sheen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6qZd_xP1w

Youtube thumbnail

Peace be with you

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

http://catholicmyths.blogspot.com/

• 10 years ago

I say it is jealousy. As Christians we have the complete fullness of Jesus Christ. We have all 7 Sacraments that Jesus gave to His Church. We have the Eucharist which is Jesus,body,blood,soul and divinity. We preserved and compiled, wrote the new testament and canonized the Holy Bible. Jesus said the gates of hell would never prevail against His Church.Our history goes all the way back to when Jesus Christ established His Church in 33AD. We have over 2,000 years of preaching and teaching the truth of Jesus Christ.

Catholic Christian †

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I acknowledge that I believe that the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian. This is not a act of hate. This is a belief based on research and evidence. I cannot help that Catholics make-believe that this sort of thing is hatred.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Call it, pride and prejudice! Everyone thinks they have a lock on what God really wants. All of us, Christian, Muslim or Jew go to hell when we die. I won't see any of you there for the simple reason that it is nothing but storage and not punishment! We will not even know it! People spend way to much time worrying about others demise to concern themselves with their own!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.